DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   How to seal CH oil pipe joints (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/680803-how-seal-ch-oil-pipe-joints.html)

Rob Graham October 10th 20 03:22 PM

How to seal CH oil pipe joints

I guess this has been asked before but "seal" and "oil" just produces masses of hits.
10mm pipe for interconnecting the isolator, filter, fire valve, etc. PTFE just seems to almost dissolve. The oil is currently just past the isolator and it's seeping.
Many thanks for any help
Rob

Jimk October 11th 20 01:21 AM

Rob Graham Wrote in message:
I guess this has been asked before but "seal" and "oil" just produces masses of hits.
10mm pipe for interconnecting the isolator, filter, fire valve, etc. PTFE just seems to almost dissolve. The oil is currently just past the isolator and it's seeping.
Many thanks for any help
Rob

There's some paste stuff...
Googling.....
--
Jimk

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/

Jimk October 11th 20 01:21 AM

Jimk Wrote in message:
Rob Graham Wrote in message:
I guess this has been asked before but "seal" and "oil" just produces masses of hits.
10mm pipe for interconnecting the isolator, filter, fire valve, etc. PTFE just seems to almost dissolve. The oil is currently just past the isolator and it's seeping.
Many thanks for any help
Rob

There's some paste stuff...
Googling.....

Heldite.

There are others...
--
Jimk

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/

Rob Graham October 11th 20 11:29 AM

On Saturday, October 10, 2020 at 6:57:08 PM UTC+1, JimK wrote:
Jimk Wrote in message:
Rob Graham Wrote in message:
I guess this has been asked before but "seal" and "oil" just produces masses of hits.
10mm pipe for interconnecting the isolator, filter, fire valve, etc. PTFE just seems to almost dissolve. The oil is currently just past the isolator and it's seeping.
Many thanks for any help
Rob

There's some paste stuff...
Googling.....

Heldite.

There are others...
--
Jimk

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/

Many thanks Jim - never heard of it before but it sounds as if it has a good track record. I'll check evertything this morning but by yesterday evening the boiler was up and running and the seeps seem to have stopped.

Michael Chare[_4_] October 11th 20 08:29 PM

On 10/10/2020 15:22, Rob Graham wrote:
I guess this has been asked before but "seal" and "oil" just produces masses of hits.
10mm pipe for interconnecting the isolator, filter, fire valve, etc. PTFE just seems to almost dissolve. The oil is currently just past the isolator and it's seeping.
Many thanks for any help
Rob

Ideally you should use flared joints, but you would need a flaring tool.
Compression joints are also possible. Solder joints will work for a
few years but are not advised as the oil can disolve the solder.

--
Michael Chare

Jimk October 11th 20 09:41 PM

Michael Chare Wrote in message:
On 10/10/2020 15:22, Rob Graham wrote:
I guess this has been asked before but "seal" and "oil" just produces masses of hits.
10mm pipe for interconnecting the isolator, filter, fire valve, etc. PTFE just seems to almost dissolve. The oil is currently just past the isolator and it's seeping.
Many thanks for any help
Rob

Ideally you should use flared joints, but you would need a flaring tool.
Compression joints are also possible. Solder joints will work for a
few years but are not advised as the oil can disolve the solder.

Soldered joints are not *allowed*...
--
Jimk

----Android NewsGroup Reader----