DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Radiator bleed valves (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/68062-radiator-bleed-valves.html)

Paul Williams September 6th 04 02:09 PM

Radiator bleed valves

Hi guys

I'm looking to get hold of the little pin thing that screws into a
radiator to bleed the air off.

Just been to B&Q an dthey dont sell them. Is there anywhere that does?

Cheers

Dave Plowman (News) September 6th 04 02:36 PM

In article ,
Paul Williams wrote:
I'm looking to get hold of the little pin thing that screws into a
radiator to bleed the air off.

Do you mean the key, or the valve insert?

Just been to B&Q an dthey dont sell them. Is there anywhere that does?

If it's the key, then B&Q do sell them. If you want the valve insert, go
to a PM and buy a complete valve if they don't just do the insert -
they're not expensive.

--
*No radio - Already stolen.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.

Cicero September 6th 04 03:04 PM

"Paul Williams" wrote in message
Hi guys

I'm looking to get hold of the little pin thing that screws into a
radiator to bleed the air off.

Just been to B&Q an dthey dont sell them. Is there anywhere that does?

Cheers

=============
You can buy a complete 'Auto radiator air vent' from 'Focus' for about
£1-50. You'll also need some kind of tool to remove the old one and a
spanner to fir the new one.

Cic.

chris French September 6th 04 07:24 PM

In message , "Dave Plowman (News)"
writes
In article ,
Paul Williams wrote:
I'm looking to get hold of the little pin thing that screws into a
radiator to bleed the air off.

Do you mean the key, or the valve insert?

Just been to B&Q an dthey dont sell them. Is there anywhere that does?

If it's the key, then B&Q do sell them. If you want the valve insert, go
to a PM and buy a complete valve if they don't just do the insert -
they're not expensive.

Not all rads have the normal threaded plug and little pin to bleed with.
I have some round topped rads that have just the pin that screws into
the back of the rad.

I doubt that you can get the pin/insert separately, but I think it is
probably the same thread, so I would just take one from a complete unit
if I needed it.
--
Chris French, Leeds

Dave Plowman (News) September 6th 04 10:39 PM

In article ,
chris French wrote:
If it's the key, then B&Q do sell them. If you want the valve insert, go
to a PM and buy a complete valve if they don't just do the insert -
they're not expensive.

Not all rads have the normal threaded plug and little pin to bleed with.
I have some round topped rads that have just the pin that screws into
the back of the rad.

But I'd guess it's the same insert?

I doubt that you can get the pin/insert separately, but I think it is
probably the same thread, so I would just take one from a complete unit
if I needed it.

That's the obvious way.

--
*Just remember...if the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off.

raden September 6th 04 10:43 PM

In message , Paul Williams
writes
Hi guys

I'm looking to get hold of the little pin thing that screws into a
radiator to bleed the air off.

Just been to B&Q an dthey dont sell them. Is there anywhere that does?

Surely you have a central heating merchant somewhere close by

They're in Yellow pages under "Central Heating Merchants"

--
geoff

raden September 6th 04 10:43 PM

In message , chris French
writes
Paul Williams wrote:
I'm looking to get hold of the little pin thing that screws into a
radiator to bleed the air off.

Do you mean the key, or the valve insert?

Just been to B&Q an dthey dont sell them. Is there anywhere that does?

If it's the key, then B&Q do sell them. If you want the valve insert, go
to a PM and buy a complete valve if they don't just do the insert -
they're not expensive.

Not all rads have the normal threaded plug and little pin to bleed
with. I have some round topped rads that have just the pin that screws
into the back of the rad.

I doubt that you can get the pin/insert separately, but I think it is
probably the same thread, so I would just take one from a complete unit
if I needed it.

I've bought them in the past

--
geoff