Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default OT Halfords rant

Goes to buy brake cable for bike flung it on counter boy scans it I
stick my card on the machine....he asks do you have an email address
....I say no ...he asks something else...I say no anyway .....I lift my
card off machine and go to lift cable...he shouts nastily YOU HAVEN'T
PAID YET....to which I say well if you weren't farting about asking
stupid questions the payment would have gone through ten seconds ago.......
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 15 Sep 2020 16:22:07 +0100, "Jim GM4 DHJ ..."
wrote:

Goes to buy brake cable for bike flung it on counter boy scans it I
stick my card on the machine....he asks do you have an email address
...I say no ...he asks something else...I say no anyway .....I lift my
card off machine and go to lift cable...he shouts nastily YOU HAVEN'T
PAID YET....to which I say well if you weren't farting about asking
stupid questions the payment would have gone through ten seconds ago.......

So you are blacklisted from Halfords as well now then? ;-(

Cheers, T i m
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 15/09/2020 17:30, T i m wrote:

...he asks do you have an email address
...I say no ...

So you are blacklisted from Halfords as well now then? ;-(

Yep, they will refuse to spam to his email address every day.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

Goes to buy brake cable for bike flung it on counter boy scans it I
stick my card on the machine....he asks do you have an email address
...I say no ...he asks something else...I say no anyway .....I lift my
card off machine and go to lift cable...he shouts nastily YOU HAVEN'T
PAID YET....to which I say well if you weren't farting about asking
stupid questions the payment would have gone through ten seconds ago.......

So you are blacklisted from Halfords as well now then? ;-(

Cheers, T i m

hardly ever go there anyway...no great loss
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 15/09/2020 18:09, alan_m wrote:
On 15/09/2020 17:30, T i m wrote:

...he asks do you have an email address
...I say no ...

So you are blacklisted from Halfords as well now then? ;-(

Yep, they will refuse to spam to his email address every day.

good....I didn't want a long term relationship with them anyway....

Posted to uk.d-i-y

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oJU0...nel=ArseRaptor
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 15/09/2020 16:22, Jim GM4 DHJ ... wrote:
Goes to buy brake cable for bike flung it on counter boy scans it I
stick my card on the machine....he asks do you have an email address
...I say no ...he asks something else...I say no anyway .....I lift my
card off machine and go to lift cable...he shouts nastily YOU HAVEN'T
PAID YET....to which I say well if you weren't farting about asking
stupid questions the payment would have gone through ten seconds ago.......

If he didn't ask the stupid questions he would be sacked, i bet they
check with mystery shoppers...
.... so why take it out on some underpaid minion because some idiot in
control implements policies you don't like...

Dave
G4UGM
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 15/09/2020 16:22, Jim GM4 DHJ ... wrote:
Goes to buy brake cable for bike flung it on counter boy scans it I
stick my card on the machine....he asks do you have an email address
...I say no ...he asks something else...I say no anyway .....I lift my
card off machine and go to lift cable...he shouts nastily YOU HAVEN'T
PAID YET....to which I say well if you weren't farting about asking
stupid questions the payment would have gone through ten seconds ago.......

so instead of abusing the staff, and filling up UseNet why not send your
grumble in he-

https://www.halfords.com/customer-services/contact-us/

I am sure you can have hours of endless fun...

Dave
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 16/09/2020 07:32, David Wade wrote:
On 15/09/2020 16:22, Jim GM4 DHJ ... wrote:
Goes to buy brake cable for bike flung it on counter boy scans it I
stick my card on the machine....he asks do you have an email address
...I say no ...he asks something else...I say no anyway .....I lift my
card off machine and go to lift cable...he shouts nastily YOU HAVEN'T
PAID YET....to which I say well if you weren't farting about asking
stupid questions the payment would have gone through ten seconds
ago.......

so instead of abusing the staff, and filling up UseNet why not send your
grumble in he-

https://www.halfords.com/customer-services/contact-us/

I am sure you can have hours of endless fun...

Dave

wouldn't waste my time
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 16/09/2020 07:29, David Wade wrote:
On 15/09/2020 16:22, Jim GM4 DHJ ... wrote:
Goes to buy brake cable for bike flung it on counter boy scans it I
stick my card on the machine....he asks do you have an email address
...I say no ...he asks something else...I say no anyway .....I lift my
card off machine and go to lift cable...he shouts nastily YOU HAVEN'T
PAID YET....to which I say well if you weren't farting about asking
stupid questions the payment would have gone through ten seconds
ago.......

If he didn't ask the stupid questions he would be sacked, i bet they
check with mystery shoppers...
... so why take it out on some underpaid minion because some idiot in
control implements policies you don't like...

Dave
G4UGM

because I don't like their policies ......and if another check out
person asks me if I have a stupid netctar card again I will
scream......why is it only Sainsbury that does that ? ....

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 16/09/2020 07:32, David Wade wrote:
On 15/09/2020 16:22, Jim GM4 DHJ ... wrote:
Goes to buy brake cable for bike flung it on counter boy scans it I
stick my card on the machine....he asks do you have an email address
...I say no ...he asks something else...I say no anyway .....I lift my
card off machine and go to lift cable...he shouts nastily YOU HAVEN'T
PAID YET....to which I say well if you weren't farting about asking
stupid questions the payment would have gone through ten seconds
ago.......

so instead of abusing the staff, and filling up UseNet why not send your
grumble in he-

https://www.halfords.com/customer-services/contact-us/

All you will end up doing is to be in contact with another lowly paid
staff member who will send a out a pre-prepared standard reply.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 16/09/2020 07:32, David Wade wrote:
On 15/09/2020 16:22, Jim GM4 DHJ ... wrote:
Goes to buy brake cable for bike flung it on counter boy scans it I
stick my card on the machine....he asks do you have an email address
...I say no ...he asks something else...I say no anyway .....I lift my
card off machine and go to lift cable...he shouts nastily YOU HAVEN'T
PAID YET....to which I say well if you weren't farting about asking
stupid questions the payment would have gone through ten seconds
ago.......

so instead of abusing the staff, and filling up UseNet why not send your
grumble in he-

https://www.halfords.com/customer-services/contact-us/

I am sure you can have hours of endless fun...

Dave

While I agree it is irritating, and a lot of staff training seems to be
crap, there is actually something to be said for giving an email so that
they can email you a receipt, to avoid printing an inconvenient piece of
paper that you are never going to keep. If you do have a problem it is
much easier to chuck that back at them than go searching records.

Good firms make it easy to turn off unwanted spam. Can you hear me
Clifton Cameras?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 16/09/2020 07:50, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
[...]

Oh I see they own nectar
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Jim GM4DHJ ..." wrote in message
[...]

Well shop somewhere else then. Halfords don't hold a monopoly on brake
cables which are a pretty standard item assuming a customer is capable
of cutting them to length themselves. Brake cables from some/most suppliers
even have different shaped nipples at each end to suit different levers.
There are probably loads on eBay assuming you have a letter box of some
description.

It's hardly the lowly paid assistants fault if he finds himself having to
deal with the type of customer who doesn't seem to realise they can buy
brake cables in loads of places is it ? Day in and day out. What you don't
seem to realise is that is people like you who keep outfits like Halfords
in business in the first place.

If I had a sentimental attachment to local bike shops, all currently being
run single handedly by the 60 year old grandsons of their founders back in
190whenever, now all facing retirement and hefty rate increases, which I don't.
I'd say its people like you who are responsible for so many LBS's going out
business in the first place, as nobody wants to take them on.

and if another check out person asks me if I have a stupid netctar card
again I will scream......why is it only Sainsbury that does that ? ....

So use the self service checkouts then. That's what they're there for.
The few assistants that remain are encouraged to interact with customers
precisely because its assumed that those customers are either too confused
to be able to use the machines or are desirous of human contact.

Given you seem to spend so much of your time going out of your way
to make life difficult for yourself, its maybe no surprise that you have
such anger issues

michael adams

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 16/09/2020 08:42, michael adams wrote:
"Jim GM4DHJ ..." wrote in message
[...]

just because there are so many things to get angry about these
days.....even the sainsbury petrol station punters without pay at pump
asks you if you have a nectar card...if it wasn't for the fact the
mustang refuses to fill at tesco I wouldn't go there....I love self
checkouts and petrol stations because you don't have to interact with
people.....and how are you today?....fecking awful was my reply...tee
hee...they don't seen to want to continue the converstion after that .....
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 16 Sep 2020 07:50:57 +0100, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:

because I don't like their policies ......and if another check out
person asks me if I have a stupid netctar card again I will
scream......why is it only Sainsbury that does that ? ....

I tell them I got rid of mine when they got in bed with the Daily Mail.

They don't pursue it.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
people.....and how are you today?....fecking awful was my reply...tee
hee...they don't seen to want to continue the converstion after that .....

They probably get fed up with the incessant 'tee hee's.

--
Chris Green
·

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article , Jim GM4DHJ ...
writes
"Jim GM4DHJ ..." wrote in message
[...]

But the self checkouts insist on talking to you, and saying Goodbye in
the most irritating voice imaginable.
--
bert

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
because I don't like their policies ......and if another check out
person asks me if I have a stupid netctar card again I will
scream......why is it only Sainsbury that does that ? ....

Only you could be annoyed about being asked if you want a discount on what
you've paid.

Have you thought of seeking treatment?

--
*Why were the Indians here first? They had reservations.*

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 16 Sep 2020 09:06:37 GMT, Bob Eager wrote:

On Wed, 16 Sep 2020 07:50:57 +0100, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:

because I don't like their policies ......and if another check out
person asks me if I have a stupid netctar card again I will
scream......why is it only Sainsbury that does that ? ....

I tell them I got rid of mine when they got in bed with the Daily Mail.

They don't pursue it.

I think because any negative response other than you presenting your
Nectar card (if you have one, reminding you to get your points) would
be treated as 'ok nutter, ICGAF'? ;-(

Big difference between that and them *offering* you a Nectar (or any
other 'Loyalty') card when even then a simple 'No thanks' is
sufficient. Going on about big brother or anything else is only going
to get them sighing inside (even if they are nodding and smiling
outside), won't stop them asking the exact same question(s) to the
next person they serve because 'most people' will / do understand
their position / plight (it is ****e having to deal with some of the
general public) and respect them as human beings, just trying to pay
their rent.

And the thing is, you never know how much you might need their
assistance.

I always say 'Hi', 'Ok' or 'afternoon' etc, smile, respond positively
to any chat (whilst paying / taking receipts / tokens etc), say 'thank
you etc ... and when the car wash locks up halfway though it's cycle,
it could be the same person who may have to come out and fix it for
you, and *that's* when the friendliness you showed them may pay off (I
don't do it for that, I would do it anyway).

You reap what you sow etc.

I can't imaging them bothering to **** on Jim if he and his gas
guzzler were on fire. ;-(

Cheers, T i m
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
because I don't like their policies ......and if another check out
person asks me if I have a stupid netctar card again I will
scream......why is it only Sainsbury that does that ? ....

Only you could be annoyed about being asked if you want a discount on what
you've paid.

Have you thought of seeking treatment?

well if you think nectar is worthwhile that is your problem...
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 16/09/2020 11:20, T i m wrote:
[...]

I wouldn't want them to ....
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 16/09/2020 10:26, Chris Green wrote:
Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
people.....and how are you today?....fecking awful was my reply...tee
hee...they don't seen to want to continue the converstion after that .....

They probably get fed up with the incessant 'tee hee's.

tee hee

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 16/09/2020 10:40, bert wrote:
In article , Jim GM4DHJ ...
writes
"Jim GM4DHJ ..." wrote in message
[...]

Â*Well shop somewhere else then. Halfords don't hold a monopoly on brake
cables which are a pretty standard item assuming a customer is capable
of cutting them to length themselves.Â* Brake cables from some/most
suppliers
even have different shaped nipples at each end to suit different levers.
There are probably loads on eBay assuming you have a letter box of some
description.
Â*It's hardly the lowly paid assistants fault if he finds himself
having to
deal with the type of customer who doesn't seem to realise they can buy
brake cables in loads of places is it ?Â* Day in and day out. What you
don't
seem to realise is that is people like you who keep outfits like
Halfords
in business in the first place.
Â*If I had aÂ* sentimental attachment to local bike shops, all
currently being
run single handedly by the 60 year old grandsons of their founders
back in
190whenever, now all facing retirement and hefty rate increases,
which I don't.
I'd say its people like you who are responsible for so many LBS's
going out
business in the first place, as nobody wants to take them on.

and if another check out person asks me if I have a stupid netctar card
again I will scream......why is it only Sainsbury that does that ? ....
Â*So use the self service checkouts then. That's what they're there for.
The few assistants that remain are encouraged to interact with customers
precisely because its assumed that those customers are either too
confused
to be able to use the machines or are desirous of human contact.
Â*Given you seem to spend so much of your time going out of your way
to make life difficult for yourself, its maybe no surprise that you have
such anger issues
Â* michael adams
Â*...

just because there are so many things to get angry about these
days.....even the sainsbury petrol station punters without pay at pump
asks you if you have a nectar card...if it wasn't for the fact the
mustang refuses to fill at tesco I wouldn't go there....I love self
checkouts and petrol stations because you don't have to interact with
people.....and how are you today?....fecking awful was my reply...tee
hee...they don't seen to want to continue the converstion after that

But the self checkouts insist on talking to you, and saying Goodbye in
the most irritating voice imaginable.

yes but you can ignore that
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Jim GM4DHJ ..." wrote in message
[...]

ok WHY when I go into a shop for a look around FIVE people ask if they
can help me and if I go into buy something there is no bugger is about? ....
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"bert" wrote in message ...

But the self checkouts insist on talking to you, and saying Goodbye in the most
irritating voice imaginable.

That's clearly a matter of taste. Pre-covid I often used to say "goodbye"
back to them, using exactly the same inflection. But there seems rather
less point nowadays, when wearing a mask in an otherwise empty supermarket
at 7.00 a.m.

michael adams

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 16/09/2020 11:45, michael adams wrote:
"bert" wrote in message ...

But the self checkouts insist on talking to you, and saying Goodbye in the most
irritating voice imaginable.

That's clearly a matter of taste. Pre-covid I often used to say "goodbye"
back to them, using exactly the same inflection. But there seems rather
less point nowadays, when wearing a mask in an otherwise empty supermarket
at 7.00 a.m.

michael adams

and they say I am mad ...tee hee
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 16 Sep 2020 11:10:18 +0100, "Dave Plowman (News)"
wrote:

In article ,
Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
because I don't like their policies ......and if another check out
person asks me if I have a stupid netctar card again I will
scream......why is it only Sainsbury that does that ? ....

Only you could be annoyed about being asked if you want a discount on what
you've paid.

Have you thought of seeking treatment?

He wants the world to revolve around him for some reason? ;-(

Maybe he's bored and craves any sort of entertainment?

Cheers, T i m

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 16/09/2020 07:47, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
On 16/09/2020 07:32, David Wade wrote:
On 15/09/2020 16:22, Jim GM4 DHJ ... wrote:
Goes to buy brake cable for bike flung it on counter boy scans it I
stick my card on the machine....he asks do you have an email address
...I say no ...he asks something else...I say no anyway .....I lift
my card off machine and go to lift cable...he shouts nastily YOU
HAVEN'T PAID YET....to which I say well if you weren't farting about
asking stupid questions the payment would have gone through ten
seconds ago.......

so instead of abusing the staff, and filling up UseNet why not send
your grumble in he-

https://www.halfords.com/customer-services/contact-us/

I am sure you can have hours of endless fun...

Dave

wouldn't waste my time

So you'd rather come in here and complain, wasting yours and everyone
else's time, with (virtually) zero chance of anyone who can do anything
about it 'hearing' it than post the exact same rant in the Halfords'
feedback thing with (perhaps) someone who cares 'hearing' about it?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

I do have some sympathy though, these days you seem to have to provide so
much info when buying anything without any kind of idea what is going to
happen to it. I will say this though, under current regulations, you have to
supply a way to the shop to contact you in case track and trace asks who was
in the store at that time.
Brian

The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
wrote:

Goes to buy brake cable for bike flung it on counter boy scans it I
stick my card on the machine....he asks do you have an email address
...I say no ...he asks something else...I say no anyway .....I lift my
card off machine and go to lift cable...he shouts nastily YOU HAVEN'T
PAID YET....to which I say well if you weren't farting about asking
stupid questions the payment would have gone through ten seconds
ago.......

So you are blacklisted from Halfords as well now then? ;-(

Cheers, T i m

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 16/09/2020 12:19, soup wrote:
[...]

you never let off steam then ? ....
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Maybe he's bored and craves any sort of entertainment?

Cheers, T i m

that will be it ...
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 16/09/2020 12:21, Brian Gaff (Sofa) wrote:
I do have some sympathy though, these days you seem to have to provide so
much info when buying anything without any kind of idea what is going to
happen to it. I will say this though, under current regulations, you have to
supply a way to the shop to contact you in case track and trace asks who was
in the store at that time.
Brian

tell them feck all...you don't have to tell them anything...and don't
use a smart phone...you don't have to

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 16/09/2020 12:56, Jim GM4 DHJ ... wrote:

Maybe he's bored and craves any sort of entertainment?

Cheers, T i m

that will be it ...

you lot are no fun ...
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 16 Sep 2020 11:20:39 +0100, T i m wrote:

On 16 Sep 2020 09:06:37 GMT, Bob Eager wrote:

On Wed, 16 Sep 2020 07:50:57 +0100, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:

because I don't like their policies ......and if another check out
person asks me if I have a stupid netctar card again I will
scream......why is it only Sainsbury that does that ? ....

I tell them I got rid of mine when they got in bed with the Daily Mail.

They don't pursue it.

I think because any negative response other than you presenting your
Nectar card (if you have one, reminding you to get your points) would be
treated as 'ok nutter, ICGAF'? ;-(

That is my intention.

Big difference between that and them *offering* you a Nectar (or any
other 'Loyalty') card when even then a simple 'No thanks' is sufficient.

That's exactly it. They do then go on to the next stage of offering me
one, except with my response above.

I always say 'Hi', 'Ok' or 'afternoon' etc, smile, respond positively to
any chat (whilst paying / taking receipts / tokens etc), say 'thank you
etc ... and when the car wash locks up halfway though it's cycle, it
could be the same person who may have to come out and fix it for you,
and *that's* when the friendliness you showed them may pay off (I don't
do it for that, I would do it anyway).

I quite agree. My wife and I often gently bicker in teh queue. It usually
raises a smile! And I always chat to the checkout operator, but not
enough to interfere with their work.

I know the local Aldi ones quite well, now. Although I always avoid one
of them (my son, who isn't allowed to serve me).

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 16 Sep 2020 13:17:44 GMT, Bob Eager wrote:

snip

I always say 'Hi', 'Ok' or 'afternoon' etc, smile, respond positively to
any chat (whilst paying / taking receipts / tokens etc), say 'thank you
etc ... and when the car wash locks up halfway though it's cycle, it
could be the same person who may have to come out and fix it for you,
and *that's* when the friendliness you showed them may pay off (I don't
do it for that, I would do it anyway).

I quite agree. My wife and I often gently bicker in teh queue. It usually
raises a smile!

;-)

And I always chat to the checkout operator, but not
enough to interfere with their work.

Quite. Logic tells us it's likely not the best paid job in the world,
probably not the best conditions either (long shifts) and because some
people can be thoughtless / nasty pratts, not even a job you would
want anyone to *have* to do.

I know the local Aldi ones quite well, now. Although I always avoid one
of them (my son, who isn't allowed to serve me).

I bet he has some tales as to what some people can be like?

And I'm not even talking about those with a valid grievance re having
to return a genuinely faulty item and having to wait because the store
is particularly busy and manager tied up with another 'issue' ...but
just because they think they have the right to shout at someone on the
checkout for any trivial reason.

If I was 'Security' there I don't think I'd last a shift without
decking someone. ;-(

But then it seems to be a general decline in respect for anyone by
(luckily) a minority, even respect for the ordinary Bobbie on the
street.

Cheers, T i m

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 16 Sep 2020 12:59:49 +0100, "Jim GM4 DHJ ..."
wrote:

On 16/09/2020 12:56, Jim GM4 DHJ ... wrote:

Maybe he's bored and craves any sort of entertainment?

Cheers, T i m

that will be it ...

you lot are no fun ...

Well, as it happens Jim, I'm pretty sure 'we' aren't here for your
entertainment.

Cheers, T i m
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 16/09/2020 14:17, Bob Eager wrote:
[...]