Old September 16th 20, 12:10 PM posted to uk.d-i-y

Default OT Halfords rant

In article ,
Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
because I don't like their policies ......and if another check out
person asks me if I have a stupid netctar card again I will
scream......why is it only Sainsbury that does that ? ....

Only you could be annoyed about being asked if you want a discount on what
you've paid.

Have you thought of seeking treatment?

--
*Why were the Indians here first? They had reservations.*

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.

Old September 16th 20, 12:20 PM posted to uk.d-i-y

On 16 Sep 2020 09:06:37 GMT, Bob Eager wrote:

On Wed, 16 Sep 2020 07:50:57 +0100, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:

because I don't like their policies ......and if another check out
person asks me if I have a stupid netctar card again I will
scream......why is it only Sainsbury that does that ? ....

I tell them I got rid of mine when they got in bed with the Daily Mail.

They don't pursue it.

I think because any negative response other than you presenting your
Nectar card (if you have one, reminding you to get your points) would
be treated as 'ok nutter, ICGAF'? ;-(

Big difference between that and them *offering* you a Nectar (or any
other 'Loyalty') card when even then a simple 'No thanks' is
sufficient. Going on about big brother or anything else is only going
to get them sighing inside (even if they are nodding and smiling
outside), won't stop them asking the exact same question(s) to the
next person they serve because 'most people' will / do understand
their position / plight (it is ****e having to deal with some of the
general public) and respect them as human beings, just trying to pay
their rent.

And the thing is, you never know how much you might need their
assistance.

I always say 'Hi', 'Ok' or 'afternoon' etc, smile, respond positively
to any chat (whilst paying / taking receipts / tokens etc), say 'thank
you etc ... and when the car wash locks up halfway though it's cycle,
it could be the same person who may have to come out and fix it for
you, and *that's* when the friendliness you showed them may pay off (I
don't do it for that, I would do it anyway).

You reap what you sow etc.

I can't imaging them bothering to **** on Jim if he and his gas
guzzler were on fire. ;-(

Cheers, T i m
Old September 16th 20, 12:32 PM posted to uk.d-i-y

Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
because I don't like their policies ......and if another check out
person asks me if I have a stupid netctar card again I will
scream......why is it only Sainsbury that does that ? ....

Only you could be annoyed about being asked if you want a discount on what
you've paid.

Have you thought of seeking treatment?

well if you think nectar is worthwhile that is your problem...
Old September 16th 20, 12:34 PM posted to uk.d-i-y

On 16/09/2020 11:20, T i m wrote:
[...]

I wouldn't want them to ....
Old September 16th 20, 12:34 PM posted to uk.d-i-y

On 16/09/2020 10:26, Chris Green wrote:
Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
people.....and how are you today?....fecking awful was my reply...tee
hee...they don't seen to want to continue the converstion after that .....

They probably get fed up with the incessant 'tee hee's.

tee hee

Old September 16th 20, 12:35 PM posted to uk.d-i-y

On 16/09/2020 10:40, bert wrote:
In article , Jim GM4DHJ ...
writes
On 16/09/2020 08:42, michael adams wrote:
"Jim GM4DHJ ..." wrote in message
On 16/09/2020 07:29, David Wade wrote:
On 15/09/2020 16:22, Jim GM4 DHJ ... wrote:
Goes to buy brake cable for bike flung it on counter boy scans it
I stick my card on
the machine....he asks do you have an email address ...I say no
...he asks something
else...I say no anyway .....I lift my card off machine and go to
lift cable...he
shouts nastily YOU HAVEN'T PAID YET....to which I say well if you
weren't farting
about asking stupid questions the payment would have gone through
ten seconds
ago.......

If he didn't ask the stupid questions he would be sacked, i bet
they check with
mystery shoppers...
... so why take it out on some underpaid minion because some idiot
in control
implements policies you don't like...

Dave
G4UGM

because I don't like their policies ......
*Well shop somewhere else then. Halfords don't hold a monopoly on brake
cables which are a pretty standard item assuming a customer is capable
of cutting them to length themselves.* Brake cables from some/most
suppliers
even have different shaped nipples at each end to suit different levers.
There are probably loads on eBay assuming you have a letter box of some
description.
*It's hardly the lowly paid assistants fault if he finds himself
having to
deal with the type of customer who doesn't seem to realise they can buy
brake cables in loads of places is it ?* Day in and day out. What you
don't
seem to realise is that is people like you who keep outfits like
Halfords
in business in the first place.
*If I had a* sentimental attachment to local bike shops, all
currently being
run single handedly by the 60 year old grandsons of their founders
back in
190whenever, now all facing retirement and hefty rate increases,
which I don't.
I'd say its people like you who are responsible for so many LBS's
going out
business in the first place, as nobody wants to take them on.

and if another check out person asks me if I have a stupid netctar card
again I will scream......why is it only Sainsbury that does that ? ....
*So use the self service checkouts then. That's what they're there for.
The few assistants that remain are encouraged to interact with customers
precisely because its assumed that those customers are either too
confused
to be able to use the machines or are desirous of human contact.
*Given you seem to spend so much of your time going out of your way
to make life difficult for yourself, its maybe no surprise that you have
such anger issues
* michael adams
*...

just because there are so many things to get angry about these
days.....even the sainsbury petrol station punters without pay at pump
asks you if you have a nectar card...if it wasn't for the fact the
mustang refuses to fill at tesco I wouldn't go there....I love self
checkouts and petrol stations because you don't have to interact with
people.....and how are you today?....fecking awful was my reply...tee
hee...they don't seen to want to continue the converstion after that

But the self checkouts insist on talking to you, and saying Goodbye in
the most irritating voice imaginable.

yes but you can ignore that
Old September 16th 20, 12:37 PM posted to uk.d-i-y

"Jim GM4DHJ ..." wrote in message
[...]

ok WHY when I go into a shop for a look around FIVE people ask if they
can help me and if I go into buy something there is no bugger is about? ....
Old September 16th 20, 12:45 PM posted to uk.d-i-y

"bert" wrote in message ...

But the self checkouts insist on talking to you, and saying Goodbye in the most
irritating voice imaginable.

That's clearly a matter of taste. Pre-covid I often used to say "goodbye"
back to them, using exactly the same inflection. But there seems rather
less point nowadays, when wearing a mask in an otherwise empty supermarket
at 7.00 a.m.

michael adams

Old September 16th 20, 12:51 PM posted to uk.d-i-y

On 16/09/2020 11:45, michael adams wrote:
"bert" wrote in message ...

But the self checkouts insist on talking to you, and saying Goodbye in the most
irritating voice imaginable.

That's clearly a matter of taste. Pre-covid I often used to say "goodbye"
back to them, using exactly the same inflection. But there seems rather
less point nowadays, when wearing a mask in an otherwise empty supermarket
at 7.00 a.m.

michael adams

and they say I am mad ...tee hee
Old September 16th 20, 12:56 PM posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 16 Sep 2020 11:10:18 +0100, "Dave Plowman (News)"

Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
because I don't like their policies ......and if another check out
person asks me if I have a stupid netctar card again I will
scream......why is it only Sainsbury that does that ? ....

Only you could be annoyed about being asked if you want a discount on what
you've paid.

Have you thought of seeking treatment?

He wants the world to revolve around him for some reason? ;-(

Maybe he's bored and craves any sort of entertainment?

Cheers, T i m