Posted to uk.radio.amateur,uk.d-i-y

Default OT Halfords rant

On 19/09/2020 10:21, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
On 19/09/2020 10:18, jon wrote:
On Sat, 19 Sep 2020 08:58:12 +0100, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:

On 19/09/2020 07:18, Stephen Cole wrote:
Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
On 18/09/2020 11:39, Stephen Cole wrote:
Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
On 18/09/2020 09:49, Bernie wrote:
On Fri, 18 Sep 2020 09:28:03 +0100 "Jim GM4DHJ ..."
wrote:

On 18/09/2020 09:14, Bernie wrote:
On Fri, 18 Sep 2020 08:56:49 +0100 "Jim GM4DHJ ..."
wrote:

On 18/09/2020 08:54, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
On 18/09/2020 08:49, Bernie wrote:
On Fri, 18 Sep 2020 04:18:33 -0000 (UTC)
Stephen Cole wrote:

Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
On 17/09/2020 20:05, Stephen Cole wrote:
soup wrote:
On 16/09/2020 12:23, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
On 16/09/2020 12:19, soup wrote:
On 16/09/2020 07:47, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
On 16/09/2020 07:32, David Wade wrote:
On 15/09/2020 16:22, Jim GM4 DHJ ... wrote:
Goes to buy brake cable for bike flung it on counter
boy scans it I stick my card on the machine....he
asks do you have an email address ...I say no ...he
asks something else...I say no anyway .....I lift my
card off machine and go to lift cable...he shouts
nastily YOU HAVEN'T PAID YET....to which I say well
if you weren't farting about asking stupid questions
the payment would have gone through ten seconds
ago.......

so instead of abusing the staff, and filling up UseNet
why not send your grumble in he-

https://www.halfords.com/customer-services/contact-us/

I am sure you can have hours of endless fun...

Dave
wouldn't waste my time

So you'd rather come in here and complain, wasting yours
and everyone else's time, with (virtually) zero chance
of anyone who can do anything about it 'hearing' it than
post the exact same rant in the Halfords' feedback thing
with (perhaps) someone who cares 'hearing' about it?
you never let off steam then ? ....

'course I do but I don't vent at my 'friends' and expect a
result. I would rather rant at someone who is responsible
(not the shop drone) or can do something.Â* Hence the
suggestion (by another that I agreed with) to use
Halfords'
feedback thing.

Jim gets very irrational when hes had a drink.
which is never.....

Apart from all those times that youve been photographed
drinking, Jim. Thanks, Jim.

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!or...radio.amateur/

qc4dF4PIYbA/BgPk41bPI7UJ

Ah well back when I was 20 I drank the Four Crown as well...tee
hee.....last time I was drunk was 1990 .....
just like cole smoked like a chimney at that age....tee hee

In what way is Cole's smoking related to your non-drinking
drinking,
Jim?

well he has it coming to him...I didn't deserve it...other than
being too fat .....

Yeah, I get it; Cole abused his body by smoking, but you just idled
around and stuffed yourself to obesity - totely different.

no it is about the fact that you and cole and fmf think I am a
drinker.....

I think youre a ****ed ****, Jim. Thanks, Jim.

you would

I think youre a ****ed ****, Jim, because of all those pictures on the
internet of you drinking, mate. Thanks, Jim.

well here is another one taken the day before yesterday drinking
beer...ginger bear...just like a shandy....and a nice curry

https://ibb.co/z8Sv1LH

Hi Jim, is your wife your official photographer ?

em yes.......

funny thing is I lost my sense of thirst years ago which is a curse and
I can happily dehydrate myself without thinking ...but I downed two cans
of ginger beer with that curry...
Posted to uk.radio.amateur,uk.d-i-y

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!or...A/BgPk41bPI7UJ

[...]

A lovely drop of meths, more like, Jim. A capful on the wood to get the
fire going and a cupful in your belly to get the party started, eh? You old
soak, Jim. Thanks, Jim.

--
M0TEY // STC // #SaveOurNHS
Posted to uk.radio.amateur,uk.d-i-y

On 16/09/2020 12:19, soup wrote:
[...]

no firlighters and a lidl weed burner......
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 18/09/2020 08:37, michael adams wrote:
"michael adams" wrote in message

"soup" wrote in message
On 17/09/2020 13:07, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
On 17/09/2020 12:00, michael adams wrote:

In a Wilko near you, if you have Wilkos in Scotland.

Clydebank and Ayr...too far away .....

( For some unaccountable reason I'm missing some of Jims's posts)

In addition to brake and gear cables and brake blocks for which spares
also come in handy, Walk do pick n'mix bags of nut(s) screws washers
and bolts of which they do quite a good selection so that if you ever
happen to be passing one they can be worth a visit on that account
alone,

Here's a comment you posted earlier

that's the wee ieeka bike fixed...nice to have a back brake that works
again......stupid design with the outer cable split into two and it has
nothing to do with the folding mechanism ...why do they do that lets all
the crap in???

That was also all the fashion in the 50's and 60's, The outer went to
a braze-on cup under the front end of the crossbar then it was bare wire
to another braze on cup at the rear end of the crossbar. For people who
didn't have frames with braze-ons (there were arguments as to whether this
weakened the frame ) Campagnolo brought out distinctive sets of clips on
shaped bands with the Globe trademark and their name on the top surface.
Cheapo plain banded clips soon emerged at 1/5 the price. Presumably it was
to save the weight of 2 ft of outer cable.

Er no. Running the brake cable inside an outer requires clips to
keep it in place. If only the inner is run, then this is in tension
and so doesn't require clips to keep it in place. Simples.

michael adams

see whaht you mean about the shape of the frame...very flat....never
thought about that.....
Posted to uk.radio.amateur,uk.d-i-y

On 16/09/2020 12:19, soup wrote:
[...]

Mmmmmm the smell of burning whisky barrels....you would love it

Posted to uk.radio.amateur,uk.d-i-y

On 16/09/2020 12:19, soup wrote:
[...]

Drugs too, Jim? For shame, mate. Youre on a slippery slope, youll have
sent that second liver ****ed soon enough and youll also be hooked on the
whacky baccy, too, mate. Get help, Jim. Thanks, Jim.

--
M0TEY // STC // #SaveOurNHS
Posted to uk.radio.amateur,uk.d-i-y

On 16/09/2020 12:19, soup wrote:
[...]

I leave that for you ....
Posted to uk.radio.amateur,uk.d-i-y

In message , Jim GM4DHJ ...
writes

funny thing is I lost my sense of thirst years ago which is a curse and
I can happily dehydrate myself without thinking ...but I downed two
cans of ginger beer with that curry...

An explosive combination, for sure.
--
Ian
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"soup" wrote in message
On 17/09/2020 13:07, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
On 17/09/2020 12:00, michael adams wrote:

In a Wilko near you, if you have Wilkos in Scotland.

Clydebank and Ayr...too far away .....

( For some unaccountable reason I'm missing some of Jims's posts)

In addition to brake and gear cables and brake blocks for which spares
also come in handy, Walk do pick n'mixÂ* bags of nut(s) screws washers
[...]

but then again the oakland has the same split cable outers and the tube
is round....
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , Stephen Cole
writes

Jim gets very irrational when hes had a drink.

Yes - milk can have a strange effect on some folk.
--
Ian

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 21/09/2020 16:18, Ian Jackson wrote:
In message , Stephen Cole
writes

Jim gets very irrational when hes had a drink.

Yes - milk can have a strange effect on some folk.

ginger beer rather
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Ian Jackson wrote:
In message , Stephen Cole
writes

Jim gets very irrational when hes had a drink.

Yes - milk can have a strange effect on some folk.

Especially so when Jim peps it up with a shot of meths.

--
M0TEY // STC // #SaveOurNHS