Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Kitchen Plinth Light

Her who must be obeyed has been asking about low level plinth lights in
the kitchen. So as the things are already in place it needs to be thin.
Any suggestions as to reliable thin lights...

Dave
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tuesday, 8 September 2020 16:16:27 UTC+1, David Wade wrote:
Her who must be obeyed has been asking about low level plinth lights in
the kitchen. So as the things are already in place it needs to be thin.
Any suggestions as to reliable thin lights...

Dave

LED tape is the obvious one.

NT
Posted to uk.d-i-y

David Wade Wrote in message:
Her who must be obeyed has been asking about low level plinth lights in
the kitchen. So as the things are already in place it needs to be thin.
Any suggestions as to reliable thin lights...

Dave

"Thin"? Where are you going to mount them?
--
Jimk

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Jimk wrote in
o.uk:

David Wade Wrote in message:
Her who must be obeyed has been asking about low level plinth lights in
the kitchen. So as the things are already in place it needs to be thin.
Any suggestions as to reliable thin lights...

Dave

"Thin"? Where are you going to mount them?

Some kitchens I have seen have them mounted in holes in the plinth. Others
have fitted tape to the underneath of the cupboard just in front of the
plinth. Plnths are typically only clipped onto the legs.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

JohnP Wrote in message:
Jimk wrote in
o.uk:

David Wade Wrote in message:
Her who must be obeyed has been asking about low level plinth lights in
the kitchen. So as the things are already in place it needs to be thin.
Any suggestions as to reliable thin lights...

Dave

"Thin"? Where are you going to mount them?

Some kitchens I have seen have them mounted in holes in the plinth. Others
have fitted tape to the underneath of the cupboard just in front of the
plinth. Plnths are typically only clipped onto the legs.

Yerssss.....
--
Jimk

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Jimk wrote in
:

JohnP Wrote in message:
Jimk wrote in
o.uk:

David Wade Wrote in message:
Her who must be obeyed has been asking about low level plinth
lights in the kitchen. So as the things are already in place it
needs to be thin. Any suggestions as to reliable thin lights...

Dave

"Thin"? Where are you going to mount them?

Some kitchens I have seen have them mounted in holes in the plinth.
Others have fitted tape to the underneath of the cupboard just in
front of the plinth. Plnths are typically only clipped onto the legs.

Yerssss.....

https://tinyurl.com/y6ezufr2

Posted to uk.d-i-y

https://www.lightsupplier.co.uk/led-plinth-lights/
Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

On 08/09/2020 16:16, David Wade wrote:
Her who must be obeyed has been asking about low level plinth lights in
the kitchen. So as the things are already in place it needs to be thin.
Any suggestions as to reliable thin lights...

Just tell her that only swingers have plinth lights (and hot tubs).

--
Adam
Posted to uk.d-i-y

JohnP Wrote in message:
Jimk wrote in
:

JohnP Wrote in message:
Jimk wrote in
o.uk:

David Wade Wrote in message:
Her who must be obeyed has been asking about low level plinth
lights in the kitchen. So as the things are already in place it
needs to be thin. Any suggestions as to reliable thin lights...

Dave

"Thin"? Where are you going to mount them?

Some kitchens I have seen have them mounted in holes in the plinth.
Others have fitted tape to the underneath of the cupboard just in
front of the plinth. Plnths are typically only clipped onto the legs.

Yerssss.....

https://tinyurl.com/y6ezufr2

?

Guess we'll have to wait for the op ....

--
Jimk

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 08/09/2020 16:16, David Wade wrote:
Her who must be obeyed has been asking about low level plinth lights in
the kitchen. So as the things are already in place it needs to be thin.
Any suggestions as to reliable thin lights...

Dave

It's an easy job!
https://www.screwfix.com/p/lap-fc2w5...mm-16-3w/411fh
Not sure I would tape it in place - it's bound to fall down. Maybe a few
bent over nails, but still, plug it in, voila! You can have disco lights
if you want.
TW

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 08/09/2020 16:16, David Wade wrote:
Her who must be obeyed has been asking about low level plinth lights in
the kitchen. So as the things are already in place it needs to be thin.
Any suggestions as to reliable thin lights...

Dave

Something like this:

https://preview.tinyurl.com/y3alvrpr

glued to the top of the plinth with LED tape inside. That way the whole
lot comes of with the plinth and the light is thrown further than if it
was on the underside of the units.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Andrew wrote in news:rj8r6d$4oq$1@dont-
email.me:

On 08/09/2020 16:16, David Wade wrote:
Her who must be obeyed has been asking about low level plinth lights

in
the kitchen. So as the things are already in place it needs to be

thin.
Any suggestions as to reliable thin lights...

Dave

Something like this:

https://preview.tinyurl.com/y3alvrpr

glued to the top of the plinth with LED tape inside. That way the

whole
lot comes of with the plinth and the light is thrown further than if

it
was on the underside of the units.

Depends if you want it "thrown" or to create a downwash.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 08/09/2020 21:42, TimW wrote:
On 08/09/2020 16:16, David Wade wrote:
Her who must be obeyed has been asking about low level plinth lights
in the kitchen. So as the things are already in place it needs to be
thin. Any suggestions as to reliable thin lights...

Dave

It's an easy job!
https://www.screwfix.com/p/lap-fc2w5...mm-16-3w/411fh

Not sure I would tape it in place - it's bound to fall down. Maybe a few
bent over nails, but still, plug it in, voila! You can have disco lights
if you want.
TW

The couple of times I've used this type of LED strip the double sided
tape on the back has been the weak point. It may stick and stay on a
horizontal surface but I've found on vertical surface or where taken
around a rounded corner the strips comes away after a relatively short
time. Luckily for my two applications the strip wasn't visible so a
cosmetically perfect fix wasn't important. I used a heavy duty double
sided sticky foam strip designed for sticking car trim for one fix. I
used hot melt glue for another fix.

I note of some cheap light fittings that I have that use LED strips
there is a mechanical fixing method, possibly backing up a double sided
tape fixing.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 11/09/2020 23:28, alan_m wrote:
On 08/09/2020 21:42, TimW wrote:
[...]

I got some from E-Bay. Sticks fine. Wife is happy..

Dave
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
David Wade wrote:
Her who must be obeyed has been asking about low level plinth lights in
the kitchen. So as the things are already in place it needs to be thin.
Any suggestions as to reliable thin lights...

No big deal to add a plinth to the bottom of the cupboards to hide lights.
I did this ages ago to hide standard size florries. Tubes with separate
ballasts. LEDs should be easier.

--
*Why were the Indians here first? They had reservations.*

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.

cutting down kitchen unit plinth Tim Smith UK diy 9 September 5th 05 09:01 AM
Kitchen Plinth Drawers Steve C UK diy 6 November 6th 04 01:56 PM
Quick Q on kitchen plinth/floor covering fitting. sheeprug UK diy 4 January 13th 04 08:56 PM
Why is the kitchen plinth always recessed? Rich UK diy 6 August 12th 03 08:23 AM
Kitchen plinth which way up? David UK diy 1 July 3rd 03 04:58 PM