DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Flexible hose for gas cooker (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/679378-flexible-hose-gas-cooker.html)

Cliff Topp August 27th 20 03:44 PM

Flexible hose for gas cooker

Our old cooker is a New World 55HLG and after many years of great
service it's time to get rid.

I'll not bore you with details but for various reasons we've picked up
a secondhand but pristine New World 55THLG to replace it, so exact same
make and model coming out and going in.

Unfortunately the new one doesn't have a flexible hose fitted so being
as the old one is perfectly fine I'm thinking it should be alright to
swap it to the new cooker.

The wall end is a bayonet fitting so no problem there but, is it just a
case of screwing the hose 'as is' into the cooker end or is there some
special gobbo/gunge/tape that has to be applied to the threads first?

newshound August 27th 20 04:17 PM

On 27/08/2020 15:44, Cliff Topp wrote:
Our old cooker is a New World 55HLG and after many years of great
service it's time to get rid.

I'll not bore you with details but for various reasons we've picked up a
secondhand but pristine New World 55THLG to replace it, so exact same
make and model coming out and going in.

Unfortunately the new one doesn't have a flexible hose fitted so being
as the old one is perfectly fine I'm thinking it should be alright to
swap it to the new cooker.

The wall end is a bayonet fitting so no problem there but, is it just a
case of screwing the hose 'as is' into the cooker end or is there some
special gobbo/gunge/tape that has to be applied to the threads first?

The thicker PTFE tape for gas comes in a yellow rather than white reel.
Don't tell anyone I said so.

Cliff Topp August 27th 20 05:18 PM

Flexible hose for gas cooker

newshound used his keyboard to write :
On 27/08/2020 15:44, Cliff Topp wrote:
Our old cooker is a New World 55HLG and after many years of great service
it's time to get rid.

I'll not bore you with details but for various reasons we've picked up a
secondhand but pristine New World 55THLG to replace it, so exact same make
and model coming out and going in.

Unfortunately the new one doesn't have a flexible hose fitted so being as
the old one is perfectly fine I'm thinking it should be alright to swap it
to the new cooker.

The wall end is a bayonet fitting so no problem there but, is it just a
case of screwing the hose 'as is' into the cooker end or is there some
special gobbo/gunge/tape that has to be applied to the threads first?

The thicker PTFE tape for gas comes in a yellow rather than white reel. Don't
tell anyone I said so.

Said what?? lol

Cheers

Andrew[_22_] August 27th 20 05:18 PM

On 27/08/2020 16:17, newshound wrote:
On 27/08/2020 15:44, Cliff Topp wrote:
Our old cooker is a New World 55HLG and after many years of great
service it's time to get rid.

I'll not bore you with details but for various reasons we've picked up
a secondhand but pristine New World 55THLG to replace it, so exact
same make and model coming out and going in.

Unfortunately the new one doesn't have a flexible hose fitted so being
as the old one is perfectly fine I'm thinking it should be alright to
swap it to the new cooker.

The wall end is a bayonet fitting so no problem there but, is it just
a case of screwing the hose 'as is' into the cooker end or is there
some special gobbo/gunge/tape that has to be applied to the threads
first?

The thicker PTFE tape for gas comes in a yellow rather than white reel.
Don't tell anyone I said so.

It used to be white, like the normal stuff. when was this
changed ?.

Andy Burns[_13_] August 27th 20 05:35 PM

Andrew wrote:

newshound wrote:

The thicker PTFE tape for gas comes in a yellow rather than white
reel. Don't tell anyone I said so.

It used to be white, like the normal stuff. when was this
changed ?.

the tape is white, it's the reel that's yellow.