DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Ebay text only past few days - Firefox? (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/679372-ebay-text-only-past-few-days-firefox.html)

Harry Bloomfield, Esq.[_2_] August 27th 20 12:57 PM

Ebay text only past few days - Firefox?

The past 3 maybe 4 days, loading the Ebay website, it has usually
appeared as just text on a plain white background, no graphics. No
other sites seem to be affected, anyone else? I'm using latest Firefox.

Jim GM4DHJ ... August 27th 20 01:00 PM

On 27/08/2020 12:57, Harry Bloomfield wrote:
The past 3 maybe 4 days, loading the Ebay website, it has usually
appeared as just text on a plain white background, no graphics. No other
sites seem to be affected, anyone else? I'm using latest Firefox.

with youtube I usually only get the picture nothing else...think they
must be overloaded or more likely my road kill computers....

Andy Burns[_13_] August 27th 20 01:11 PM

Harry Bloomfield wrote:

The past 3 maybe 4 days, loading the Ebay website, it has usually
appeared as just text on a plain white background, no graphics. No other
sites seem to be affected, anyone else? I'm using latest Firefox.

sounds like you've got a cached bad copy of style sheets or scripts

press ctrl-F5

Harry Bloomfield, Esq.[_2_] August 27th 20 01:57 PM

Andy Burns wrote on 27/08/2020 :
sounds like you've got a cached bad copy of style sheets or scripts

press ctrl-F5

Tried that and it didn't help.

Harry Bloomfield, Esq.[_2_] August 27th 20 02:10 PM

Ebay text only past few days - Firefox?

Harry Bloomfield, Esq. brought next idea :
Andy Burns wrote on 27/08/2020 :
sounds like you've got a cached bad copy of style sheets or scripts

press ctrl-F5

Tried that and it didn't help.

It loads fine, but in MS Edge.

Andy Burns[_13_] August 27th 20 02:27 PM

Ebay text only past few days - Firefox?

Harry Bloomfield wrote:

It loads fine, but in MS Edge.

No probs here in FF, if you have ad/script blocking they might be
overzealous, try turning them off next time you notice it.

pamela August 27th 20 04:16 PM

On 12:57 27 Aug 2020, Harry Bloomfield, Esq. said:

The past 3 maybe 4 days, loading the Ebay website, it has usually
appeared as just text on a plain white background, no graphics. No
other sites seem to be affected, anyone else? I'm using latest Firefox.

Have you made a change in Firefox to the default fonts or colours?

That can use a different viewing profile (CSS) which overrides more settings
than the ones you changed.

Dave Plowman (News) August 27th 20 04:32 PM

Ebay text only past few days - Firefox?

In article ,
Harry Bloomfield wrote:
The past 3 maybe 4 days, loading the Ebay website, it has usually
appeared as just text on a plain white background, no graphics. No
other sites seem to be affected, anyone else? I'm using latest Firefox.

Been as usual here with FF.

--
*I feel like I'm diagonally parked in a parallel universe*

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.

Brian Gaff \(Sofa\) August 27th 20 04:44 PM

Ebay text only past few days - Firefox?

Hmm very odd, I'd love a browser like that!
Brian

The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!

Andrew[_22_] August 27th 20 04:47 PM

On 27/08/2020 14:27, Andy Burns wrote:
Harry Bloomfield wrote:

It loads fine, but in MS Edge.

No probs here in FF, if you have ad/script blocking they might be
overzealous, try turning them off next time you notice it.

OK for me with Firefox, and I use AdBlock

Andy Burns[_13_] August 27th 20 05:10 PM

Brian Gaff (Sofa) wrote:

Hmm very odd, I'd love a browser like that!

view, page style, no style
normally does it ...

Reentrant[_11_] August 28th 20 09:45 AM

Ebay text only past few days - Firefox?

On 27/08/2020 12:57, Harry Bloomfield wrote:
The past 3 maybe 4 days, loading the Ebay website, it has usually
appeared as just text on a plain white background, no graphics. No other
sites seem to be affected, anyone else? I'm using latest Firefox.

Firefox for Android? They pushed a major update (v79) this week and it's
got lots of problems.

--
Reentrant