Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Ebay text only past few days - Firefox?

The past 3 maybe 4 days, loading the Ebay website, it has usually
appeared as just text on a plain white background, no graphics. No
other sites seem to be affected, anyone else? I'm using latest Firefox.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 27/08/2020 12:57, Harry Bloomfield wrote:
The past 3 maybe 4 days, loading the Ebay website, it has usually
appeared as just text on a plain white background, no graphics. No other
sites seem to be affected, anyone else? I'm using latest Firefox.

with youtube I usually only get the picture nothing else...think they
must be overloaded or more likely my road kill computers....
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Harry Bloomfield wrote:

The past 3 maybe 4 days, loading the Ebay website, it has usually
appeared as just text on a plain white background, no graphics. No other
sites seem to be affected, anyone else? I'm using latest Firefox.

sounds like you've got a cached bad copy of style sheets or scripts

press ctrl-F5
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Andy Burns wrote on 27/08/2020 :
sounds like you've got a cached bad copy of style sheets or scripts

press ctrl-F5

Tried that and it didn't help.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Harry Bloomfield, Esq. brought next idea :
Andy Burns wrote on 27/08/2020 :
sounds like you've got a cached bad copy of style sheets or scripts

press ctrl-F5

Tried that and it didn't help.

It loads fine, but in MS Edge.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Harry Bloomfield wrote:

It loads fine, but in MS Edge.

No probs here in FF, if you have ad/script blocking they might be
overzealous, try turning them off next time you notice it.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 12:57 27 Aug 2020, Harry Bloomfield, Esq. said:

The past 3 maybe 4 days, loading the Ebay website, it has usually
appeared as just text on a plain white background, no graphics. No
other sites seem to be affected, anyone else? I'm using latest Firefox.

Have you made a change in Firefox to the default fonts or colours?

That can use a different viewing profile (CSS) which overrides more settings
than the ones you changed.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Harry Bloomfield wrote:
The past 3 maybe 4 days, loading the Ebay website, it has usually
appeared as just text on a plain white background, no graphics. No
other sites seem to be affected, anyone else? I'm using latest Firefox.

Been as usual here with FF.

--
*I feel like I'm diagonally parked in a parallel universe*

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Hmm very odd, I'd love a browser like that!
Brian

The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
Harry Bloomfield; "Esq." wrote in message
The past 3 maybe 4 days, loading the Ebay website, it has usually appeared
as just text on a plain white background, no graphics. No other sites seem
to be affected, anyone else? I'm using latest Firefox.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 27/08/2020 14:27, Andy Burns wrote:
Harry Bloomfield wrote:

It loads fine, but in MS Edge.

No probs here in FF, if you have ad/script blocking they might be
overzealous, try turning them off next time you notice it.

OK for me with Firefox, and I use AdBlock

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Brian Gaff (Sofa) wrote:

Hmm very odd, I'd love a browser like that!

view, page style, no style
normally does it ...

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 27/08/2020 12:57, Harry Bloomfield wrote:
The past 3 maybe 4 days, loading the Ebay website, it has usually
appeared as just text on a plain white background, no graphics. No other
sites seem to be affected, anyone else? I'm using latest Firefox.

Firefox for Android? They pushed a major update (v79) this week and it's
got lots of problems.

--
Reentrant