Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Plaster, plaster no where to be seen

I have been ringing around to locate some board finish and all you get is a sharp intake of breath before you get a no with one merchant not having seen any since March. Jewsons have some but the nearest branch with stock is in Ripon N. Yorkshire. I got a bag of multi finish the other day, £12 and nearly had to pay for it with gold bars. How simple life was pre Covid - 19.

Richard
Posted to uk.d-i-y

I wonder what is so special about plaster? Are there a lot of diy
plasterers? I tried it once and managed to plaster the floor and myself more
than the wall I was trying to level off.
Brian

The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
"Tricky Dicky" wrote in message
I have been ringing around to locate some board finish and all you get is a
sharp intake of breath before you get a no with one merchant not having seen
any since March. Jewson's have some but the nearest branch with stock is in
Ripon N. Yorkshire. I got a bag of multi finish the other day, £12 and
nearly had to pay for it with gold bars. How simple life was pre Covid - 19.

Richard

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 26 Aug 2020 16:08:11 +0100, Brian Gaff \(Sofa\) wrote:

I wonder what is so special about plaster?

Production stopped in March and it has a fairly short shelf life.
AFAIK production has restarted but perhaps they can't keep up with
demand now that everyone is playing catch up. All our local builders
are working flat out...

--
Cheers
Dave.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wednesday, 26 August 2020 11:50:31 UTC+1, Tricky Dicky wrote:
I have been ringing around to locate some board finish and all you get is a sharp intake of breath before you get a no with one merchant not having seen any since March. Jewsons have some but the nearest branch with stock is in Ripon N. Yorkshire. I got a bag of multi finish the other day, £12 and nearly had to pay for it with gold bars. How simple life was pre Covid - 19.

Richard

Plenty on gumtree.

NT
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Plenty on gumtree.

At what price and how old?

Richard

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Tricky Dicky Wrote in message:
Plenty on gumtree.

At what price and how old?

Richard

"Oh mere details...." Handwavey gesture
;-)
--
Jimk

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/
Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

On 26/08/2020 18:06, Jethro_uk wrote:
On Wed, 26 Aug 2020 17:59:15 +0100, Dave Liquorice wrote:

On Wed, 26 Aug 2020 16:08:11 +0100, Brian Gaff \(Sofa\) wrote:

I wonder what is so special about plaster?

Production stopped in March and it has a fairly short shelf life. AFAIK
production has restarted but perhaps they can't keep up with demand now
that everyone is playing catch up. All our local builders are working
flat out...

For some reason that reminded me of the joke about British Leyland
workers working to rule and doubling production .....

:-))

--
Adam
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thursday, 27 August 2020 10:59:33 UTC+1, Andy Burns wrote:
tabbypurr wrote:
Tricky Dicky wrote:

I have been ringing around to locate some board finish

Plenty on gumtree.

just needs a lump-hammer to get it out of the bag.

Lol. Maybe lime plaster will make a comeback.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 26/08/2020 17:59, Dave Liquorice wrote:
On Wed, 26 Aug 2020 16:08:11 +0100, Brian Gaff \(Sofa\) wrote:

I wonder what is so special about plaster?

Production stopped in March and it has a fairly short shelf life.
AFAIK production has restarted but perhaps they can't keep up with
demand now that everyone is playing catch up. All our local builders
are working flat out...

What about the Turkish stuff that is apparently available ?.

There was an item on the Jeremy Vine show about 10 days on this
topic. Stories of fights in the carparks outside Wickes and
other places as people tried to buy up as much as they could
just before lockdown.