Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default AEG/ Electrolux same company?

Just looking for filters for an AEG vac and many of them seem common to
both companies, is/was AEG anything to do with Electrolux?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Harry Bloomfield, Esq. Wrote in
message:
Just looking for filters for an AEG vac and many of them seem common to
both companies, is/was AEG anything to do with Electrolux?

Yes more badge snobbery at work...
--
Jimk

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/
Posted to uk.d-i-y

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electrolux

--
Jimk

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Jimk pretended :
Harry Bloomfield, Esq. Wrote in
message:
Just looking for filters for an AEG vac and many of them seem common to
both companies, is/was AEG anything to do with Electrolux?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electrolux

Thanks, that makes sense..

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 16/08/2020 16:26, Jimk wrote:
Harry Bloomfield, Esq. Wrote in
message:
Just looking for filters for an AEG vac and many of them seem common to
both companies, is/was AEG anything to do with Electrolux?

Yes more badge snobbery at work...

Nothing sucks like an AEG.

PS. If anyone is looking for a small absorption fridge complete
with lockable door, then BHF have been given a load from a London
Hotel and they are in some of the stores for £30. There are
two at the Worthing store. I haven't checked their ebay site.

They are black not white. I had a look round the back to see if
there was an Electrolux id plate but didn't see one.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Andrew Wrote in message:
On 16/08/2020 16:26, Jimk wrote:
Harry Bloomfield, Esq. Wrote in
message:
Just looking for filters for an AEG vac and many of them seem common to
both companies, is/was AEG anything to do with Electrolux?

Yes more badge snobbery at work...

Nothing sucks like an AEG.

PS. If anyone is looking for a small absorption fridge complete
with lockable door, then BHF have been given a load from a London
Hotel and they are in some of the stores for £30. There are
two at the Worthing store. I haven't checked their ebay site.

They are black not white. I had a look round the back to see if
there was an Electrolux id plate but didn't see one.

BHF?
--
Jimk

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Jimk Wrote in message:
Andrew Wrote in message:
On 16/08/2020 16:26, Jimk wrote:
Harry Bloomfield, Esq. Wrote in
message:
Just looking for filters for an AEG vac and many of them seem common to
both companies, is/was AEG anything to do with Electrolux?

Yes more badge snobbery at work...

Nothing sucks like an AEG.

PS. If anyone is looking for a small absorption fridge complete
with lockable door, then BHF have been given a load from a London
Hotel and they are in some of the stores for £30. There are
two at the Worthing store. I haven't checked their ebay site.

They are black not white. I had a look round the back to see if
there was an Electrolux id plate but didn't see one.

BHF?

Ah British Heart Foundation?
--
Jimk

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Its all very much in the mists of time, its more likely that the brand
Electrolux has been owned by may companies.AEG used to be Telefunken, but
many of these larger entities were floated off separately over the years so
its entirely possible that at some point the same innards came along in
several companies products. Its certainly so for Fridge compressors.

Brian

The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
Harry Bloomfield; "Esq." wrote in
message ...
Just looking for filters for an AEG vac and many of them seem common to
both companies, is/was AEG anything to do with Electrolux?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Surely Schneider is a French electrical conglomerate, who merged
with the UK company Aveva in 2018 ?

I had some Aveva shares and it was a good deal investment-wise.
Andrew

On 17/08/2020 08:10, Brian Gaff (Sofa) wrote:
We call it badge engineering of course. Amstrad used to do it a lot. Over in
Germany they acquired Schneider, and badged everything with that.
Brian

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 16/08/2020 16:27, Jimk wrote:
Harry Bloomfield, Esq. Wrote in
message:
Just looking for filters for an AEG vac and many of them seem common to
both companies, is/was AEG anything to do with Electrolux?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electrolux

Doesn't help the OP, though - do they share components, and if so, which?

--
Cheers, Rob
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sunday, 16 August 2020 at 16:23:28 UTC+1, undefined wrote:
Just looking for filters for an AEG vac and many of them seem common to
both companies, is/was AEG anything to do with Electrolux?

Our 10yr old AEG oven has the Electrolux branding on it too, so they have at least in the past been connected in the past:

http://www.newtonnet.co.uk/permanent/aegoven.jpg

(Interesting representation of midnight!)