Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Recommendations for downlights for 60mm cut outs

as subject please as my search demon has skived off.

I'd prefer GU10s but accept the world seems to be going integrated.

Fire rated desirable but not essential.

If it were my ceiling I'd look to enlarge the holes but it ain't, I've
no idea what state it's in - other than that it is plasterboard.

--
Robin
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thursday, 6 August 2020 10:52:30 UTC+1, Robin wrote:
as subject please as my search demon has skived off.

I'd prefer GU10s but accept the world seems to be going integrated.

Fire rated desirable but not essential.

If it were my ceiling I'd look to enlarge the holes but it ain't, I've
no idea what state it's in - other than that it is plasterboard.

I'd fill the holes.

NT
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Robin wrote:
as subject please as my search demon has skived off.

I'd prefer GU10s but accept the world seems to be going integrated.

Fire rated desirable but not essential.

If it were my ceiling I'd look to enlarge the holes but it ain't, I've
no idea what state it's in - other than that it is plasterboard.

Do you need them flush, or will surface mount do?

For example, these probably aren't the right sort (too dim) but imagine a
larger version:

https://www.ikea.com/gb/en/p/vaxmyra...hite-10421868/

They're 1cm high so aren't fussy about size of the hole.

A 60mm downlight would be a very focused beam, while a surface-mount light
can be as wide as you like.

Theo