Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Gas detector.

I bought one of these from Amazon
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
It arrived with no wiring diagram.
a href="https://ibb.co/YXqhst7"img src="https://i.ibb.co/xYR6TMS/gas-detector.jpg" alt="gas-detector" border="0"/a
It will be wired into a 12v system on a boat.
Where do I go from here.
(I hadn't realised it was coming from China or I would have shied away)
Posted to uk.d-i-y

fred wrote:

I bought one of these from Amazon
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/..._b_asin_title_
o07_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 It arrived with no wiring diagram. a
href="https://ibb.co/YXqhst7"img
src="https://i.ibb.co/xYR6TMS/gas-detector.jpg" alt="gas-detector"
border="0"/a It will be wired into a 12v system on a boat. Where do I
go from here. (I hadn't realised it was coming from China or I would have
shied away)

The description says: "12V model with non-polarised (reversible) power
terminals for easy wiring ". It also says it has a "relay output".
II should guess the red and black for power leads and the other three
connect to single pole double throw relay. You might need to connect
it to a power supply and expose it to gas to be sure which two represent
the n/o contact. Or you could just join the two which are currently
shorted together and use with the one that isn't for a normally open
switch if you need one.
--

Roger Hayter
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wednesday, August 5, 2020 at 4:17:19 PM UTC+1, Roger Hayter wrote:
fred wrote:

[...]

Thanks for the help I had guessed what the red and black were but the others confused me, Sounds like I couldn't do it much harm

Posted to uk.d-i-y

I often used to wonder about the gas man going up and down the street with
a naked flame looking for a colour change that indicated a gas leak.I mean
we all could smell it, but it seems it can go a long way underground till it
finds its way out. I realise its quite safe while trying to find the source,
but it frightened the heck out of me the first time I saw it done. Has to be
in open air of course or boom.
Brian

--
----- --