Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default My most recent project

On 09/08/2020 17:46, Tim Lamb wrote:
In message ,
Muddymike writes

Its to make charcoal. Filled with bits of wood its stood upside down
in my 40 gallon drum incinerator and cooked by burning rubbish wood
for 4 hours.

Clever.
Â*Do you use green wood?
Â*Those incinerators were banned for agricultural use some years back:-(

Strangeparts : How to make Charcoal
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDxDS4j4mdY

They inform the fire brigade first ...

--
Adrian C
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 09/08/2020 17:46, Tim Lamb wrote:
In message ,
Muddymike writes
On 05/08/2020 22:23, Tim Lamb wrote:
In message ,
Muddymike writes
On 03/08/2020 20:37, Muddymike wrote:
Hi Guys
If you have nothing better to do for a couple of minutes take a
lookÂ* atÂ* https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3nQJCvYv63I I'm having a
go atÂ* videoingÂ* my workshop projects.
Â*Mike

No one spotted my mistake then :-)
Â*Umm. Had you not cut all the way through under the hinge?
Â*Watching the slot cutting I wondered if a worn/smaller disc might
haveÂ* helped.
Â*Could we be allowed to know the purpose of this device? Concealed
workshop biscuit barrel...

Sorry Tim you haven't spotted my error.

Oh well. Sort of thing I might have got wrong!

Its to make charcoal. Filled with bits of wood its stood upside down
in my 40 gallon drum incinerator and cooked by burning rubbish wood
for 4 hours.

Clever.
Â*Do you use green wood?
Â*Those incinerators were banned for agricultural use some years back:-(

Yet similar are sold everywhere for domestic use.
I try to only use reasonably well seasoned wood, a dead tree is my
favourite.

Mike
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 10/08/2020 23:12, Adrian Caspersz wrote:
On 09/08/2020 17:46, Tim Lamb wrote:
In message ,
Muddymike writes

Its to make charcoal. Filled with bits of wood its stood upside down
in my 40 gallon drum incinerator and cooked by burning rubbish wood
for 4 hours.

Clever.
Â*Â*Do you use green wood?
Â*Â*Those incinerators were banned for agricultural use some years back:-(

Â*Strangeparts : How to make Charcoal
Â*https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDxDS4j4mdY

They inform the fire brigade first ...

12 minutes of waffle and footage of blokes talking, very little showing
how its done!

Mike
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message ,
Muddymike writes
On 09/08/2020 17:46, Tim Lamb wrote:
In message ,
Muddymike writes
On 05/08/2020 22:23, Tim Lamb wrote:
In message ,
Muddymike writes
On 03/08/2020 20:37, Muddymike wrote:
Hi Guys
If you have nothing better to do for a couple of minutes take a
look* at* https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3nQJCvYv63I I'm having a
go at* videoing* my workshop projects.
*Mike

No one spotted my mistake then :-)
*Umm. Had you not cut all the way through under the hinge?
*Watching the slot cutting I wondered if a worn/smaller disc might
have* helped.
*Could we be allowed to know the purpose of this device? Concealed
workshop biscuit barrel...

Sorry Tim you haven't spotted my error.

Oh well. Sort of thing I might have got wrong!

Its to make charcoal. Filled with bits of wood its stood upside down
in my 40 gallon drum incinerator and cooked by burning rubbish wood
for 4 hours.

Clever.
*Do you use green wood?
*Those incinerators were banned for agricultural use some years back:-(

Yet similar are sold everywhere for domestic use.

I think they objected to farmers burning used spray cans and woven
plastic sacks.
I try to only use reasonably well seasoned wood, a dead tree is my
favourite.

The reason I asked is I vaguely recall a TV documentary where fresh cut
wood, Hazel? was built into a cone shape and then clad with turf before
ignition.

--
Tim Lamb
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 11/08/2020 18:21, Tim Lamb wrote:
In message ,
Muddymike writes
On 09/08/2020 17:46, Tim Lamb wrote:
In message ,
Muddymike writes
On 05/08/2020 22:23, Tim Lamb wrote:
In message ,
Muddymike writes
On 03/08/2020 20:37, Muddymike wrote:
Hi Guys
If you have nothing better to do for a couple of minutes take a
lookÂ* atÂ* https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3nQJCvYv63I I'm having
a go atÂ* videoingÂ* my workshop projects.
Â*Mike

No one spotted my mistake then :-)
Â*Umm. Had you not cut all the way through under the hinge?
Â*Watching the slot cutting I wondered if a worn/smaller disc might
haveÂ* helped.
Â*Could we be allowed to know the purpose of this device? Concealed
workshop biscuit barrel...

Sorry Tim you haven't spotted my error.
Â*Oh well. Sort of thing I might have got wrong!

Its to make charcoal. Filled with bits of wood its stood upside down
in my 40 gallon drum incinerator and cooked by burning rubbish wood
for 4 hours.
Clever.
Â*Â*Do you use green wood?
Â*Â*Those incinerators were banned for agricultural use some years back:-(

Yet similar are sold everywhere for domestic use.

I think they objected to farmers burning used spray cans and woven
plastic sacks.

What happens to all that black plastic film used to wrap big bales of
'haylage' ?.

I try to only use reasonably well seasoned wood, a dead tree is my
favourite.

The reason I asked is I vaguely recall a TV documentary where fresh cut
wood, Hazel? was built into a cone shape and then clad with turf before
ignition.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 12/08/2020 17:13, Andrew wrote:
[...]

speshly the ones with faces...
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , Andrew
writes
On 11/08/2020 18:21, Tim Lamb wrote:
In message ,
Muddymike writes
On 09/08/2020 17:46, Tim Lamb wrote:
In message ,
Muddymike writes
On 05/08/2020 22:23, Tim Lamb wrote:
In message ,
Muddymike writes
On 03/08/2020 20:37, Muddymike wrote:
Hi Guys
If you have nothing better to do for a couple of minutes take a
look* at* https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3nQJCvYv63I I'm having
a go at* videoing* my workshop projects.
*Mike

No one spotted my mistake then :-)
*Umm. Had you not cut all the way through under the hinge?
*Watching the slot cutting I wondered if a worn/smaller disc
might have* helped.
*Could we be allowed to know the purpose of this device?
Concealed workshop biscuit barrel...

Sorry Tim you haven't spotted my error.
*Oh well. Sort of thing I might have got wrong!

Its to make charcoal. Filled with bits of wood its stood upside
down in my 40 gallon drum incinerator and cooked by burning
rubbish wood for 4 hours.
Clever.
**Do you use green wood?
**Those incinerators were banned for agricultural use some years back:-(

Yet similar are sold everywhere for domestic use.

I think they objected to farmers burning used spray cans and woven
plastic sacks.

What happens to all that black plastic film used to wrap big bales of
'haylage' ?.

Pass. Have a look behind your nearest stables!

Silage wrap and other farm non-recyclable plastics may be collected by
disposal firms but none gets used here.