Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

Default Time lagged by a car journey?

Barnsley to Watford.

It gets dark so much earlier in Watford.

--
Adam
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 02/08/2020 21:26, ARW wrote:
Barnsley to Watford.

It gets dark so much earlier in Watford.

Even worse if you went to Luton :-)
Posted to uk.d-i-y

ARW wrote:

Barnsley to Watford.
It gets dark so much earlier in Watford.

about 12 minutes
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 02/08/2020 21:26, ARW wrote:
Barnsley to Watford.

It gets dark so much earlier in Watford.

Oh Adam, I feel so sorry for you having to go down there.

Bill
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 02/08/2020 21:50, Andy Burns wrote:
ARW wrote:

Barnsley to Watford. It gets dark so much earlier in Watford.

about 12 minutes

in summer...

In winter of course it gets dark later.

--
"A point of view can be a dangerous luxury when substituted for insight
and understanding".

Marshall McLuhan

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Eh?
Is Watford near a mountain then?
Brian

--
----- --
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
"ARW" wrote in message
Barnsley to Watford.

It gets dark so much earlier in Watford.

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y
jon jon is offline

On Sun, 02 Aug 2020 21:26:12 +0100, ARW wrote:

Barnsley to Watford.

It gets dark so much earlier in Watford.

There is a black hole there.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 02/08/2020 22:08, williamwright wrote:
On 02/08/2020 21:26, ARW wrote:
Barnsley to Watford.

It gets dark so much earlier in Watford.

Oh Adam, I feel so sorry for you having to go down there.

Bill

Watford - that's in the uncivilised part of the North.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

ARW wrote:

Barnsley to Watford. It gets dark so much earlier in Watford.

about 12 minutes

in summer...

In winter of course it gets dark later.

It does in Yorkshire, but isn't Watford in the Southern Hemisphere?

Bill

Posted to uk.d-i-y

ARW wrote:

Barnsley to Watford. It gets dark so much earlier in Watford.

about 12 minutes

in summer...

In winter of course it gets dark later.

It does in Yorkshire, but isn't Watford in the Southern Hemisphere?

Well there's Watford, Herts. and there's Watford, Northants. (the
second being better known than it used to be because of the Watford
Gap services on the M1). I know Northants isn't quite 'up north' but
it's sort of half way there! :-)

--
Chris Green
·
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , Chris Green
writes
Well there's Watford, Herts. and there's Watford, Northants. (the
second being better known than it used to be because of the Watford
Gap services on the M1). I know Northants isn't quite 'up north' but
it's sort of half way there! :-)

Easy to work out. If it is north of the Tees, it is up north. If it
south of Sheffield, it is down south.

HTH

Adrian
--
To Reply :
replace "diy" with "news" and reverse the domain

If you are reading this from a web interface eg DIY Banter,
DIY Forum or Google Groups, please be aware this is NOT a forum, and
you are merely using a web portal to a USENET group. Many people block
posters coming from web portals due to perceieved SPAM or inaneness.
For a better method of access, please see:

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article , alan_m
writes
On 02/08/2020 21:26, ARW wrote:
Barnsley to Watford.

It gets dark so much earlier in Watford.

Oh Adam, I feel so sorry for you having to go down there.
Bill

Watford - that's in the uncivilised part of the North.

The north starts at Watford Gap, significantly different place but which
has been dumbed down by thick ****s in the south.
--
bert
Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

On 02/08/2020 21:26, ARW wrote:
Barnsley to Watford.

It gets dark so much earlier in Watford.

Oh Adam, I feel so sorry for you having to go down there.

There are far worse places to the west of me.

--
Adam

Depressing time in my DIY journey David UK diy 76 November 1st 17 11:33 AM
Incomplete Journey avtar Woodworking 0 July 14th 07 09:23 AM
Journey To Yosemite [email protected] Woodworking 0 June 16th 07 07:34 PM
INCOMPLETE JOURNEY .. VERY NICE MUST READ.... raj UK diy 13 February 5th 07 09:06 PM
Sharpening - A Journey Towards Joinery Tom Watson Woodworking 7 August 9th 05 12:26 PM