DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Intergral blinds in DG unit (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/678308-intergral-blinds-dg-unit.html)

R D S[_2_] August 2nd 20 03:36 PM

Intergral blinds in DG unit

Out cat likes to look out of the window. If the blinds are down he's
outraged. And doesn't mind showing it.

So we are thinking of the blinds that are integrated between the panels
in a double glazed unit.

Has anyone got these?
We've only two windows on the front of the house so I doubt it's going
to be a major extravagance but how expensive are these things? 6x4 foot ish?

Any input....

R D S[_2_] August 2nd 20 03:38 PM

Intergral blinds in DG unit

On 02/08/2020 15:36, R D S wrote:
Out cat likes to look out of the window. If the blinds are down he's
outraged. And doesn't mind showing it.

So we are thinking of the blinds that are integrated between the panels
in a double glazed unit.

Has anyone got these?
We've only two windows on the front of the house so I doubt it's going
to be a major extravagance but how expensive are these things? 6x4 foot
ish?

Any input....

Should add, frames are OK, hoping to change the units only.

[email protected] August 2nd 20 04:09 PM

Intergral blinds in DG unit

On Sunday, 2 August 2020 15:37:00 UTC+1, R D S wrote:
Out cat likes to look out of the window. If the blinds are down he's
outraged. And doesn't mind showing it.

So we are thinking of the blinds that are integrated between the panels
in a double glazed unit.

Has anyone got these?
We've only two windows on the front of the house so I doubt it's going
to be a major extravagance but how expensive are these things? 6x4 foot ish?

Any input....

I once visited a place that had them installed. Needless to say over the years they had mostly failed, and often not gracefully. Looked terrible.

NT

Theo[_3_] August 2nd 20 06:08 PM

Intergral blinds in DG unit

wrote:
I once visited a place that had them installed. Needless to say over the
years they had mostly failed, and often not gracefully. Looked terrible.

If the window doesn't open you could fit secondary glazing in front of
conventional (eg roller) blinds. Opening windows is trickier due to the
thickness, but maybe there are extra thin roller blinds that might work.
Then you could take the glazing panel off for maintenance.

Theo

Brian Gaff \(Sofa\) August 2nd 20 06:15 PM

Intergral blinds in DG unit

What about those vertical slatted blinds, the cat could simply push them out
of the way.
Brian

--
----- --
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!

Andy Burns[_13_] August 2nd 20 08:37 PM

Intergral blinds in DG unit

R D S wrote:

So we are thinking of the blinds that are integrated between the panels
in a double glazed unit.

I know a couple of people who have them, both have failed one was
replaced by the supplier.