Old July 31st 20, 08:10 PM posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Cutting fibreboard 12mm

What's the best way?

The original sheet was cut by saw, but is there an alternative way for
cutting out a small sheet 3ft x 2ft?

Old July 31st 20, 08:18 PM posted to uk.d-i-y

Fredxx wrote

What's the best way?

The appropriate blade in a hand held circular saw.

Not cheap tho if you are only doing that one cut.

Old July 31st 20, 08:50 PM posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 1 Aug 2020 05:18:53 +1000, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

Old July 31st 20, 10:18 PM posted to uk.d-i-y

On Friday, 31 July 2020 20:19:03 UTC+1, Rod Speed wrote:
Fredxx wrote

What's the best way?

The appropriate blade in a hand held circular saw.

Not cheap tho if you are only doing that one cut.

The original sheet was cut by saw, but is there an
alternative way for cutting out a small sheet 3ft x 2ft?

I assume it would require 100% backing for the cut.

NT
Old July 31st 20, 10:19 PM posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 31 Jul 2020 20:10:03 +0100, Fredxx wrote:

What's the best way?

I'm not sure, I've only cut 12mm fibreboard Yoda.

The original sheet was cut by saw, but is there an alternative way for
cutting out a small sheet 3ft x 2ft?

Yes.

Cheers, T i m

Old August 1st 20, 02:26 AM posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote in message
On Friday, 31 July 2020 20:19:03 UTC+1, Rod Speed wrote:
Fredxx wrote

What's the best way?

The appropriate blade in a hand held circular saw.

Not cheap tho if you are only doing that one cut.

The original sheet was cut by saw, but is there an
alternative way for cutting out a small sheet 3ft x 2ft?

I assume it would require 100% backing for the cut.

Nope, not with the right blade.

Old August 1st 20, 09:13 AM posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 1 Aug 2020 11:26:26 +1000, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

Bill Wright to Rodent Speed:
"That confirms my opinion that you are a despicable little ****."
MID:
Old August 1st 20, 11:57 AM posted to uk.d-i-y

On 31/07/2020 20:10, Fredxx wrote:
What's the best way?

The original sheet was cut by saw, but is there an alternative way for
cutting out a small sheet 3ft x 2ft?

Do you mean fibreboard? 12mm will cut with a Stanley knife.

Straight or curved cuts?

Old August 1st 20, 01:27 PM posted to uk.d-i-y

On 01/08/2020 11:57:24, newshound wrote:
On 31/07/2020 20:10, Fredxx wrote:
What's the best way?

The original sheet was cut by saw, but is there an alternative way for
cutting out a small sheet 3ft x 2ft?

Do you mean fibreboard? 12mm will cut with a Stanley knife.

Straight or curved cuts?

Straight cuts.

I did try a Stanley knife and while it scored the surface I wasn't
confident it wouldn't be "pinched" as the blade got deeper.

This is the stuff:

https://www.wickes.co.uk/STS-Constru...-12mm/p/225437
Old August 1st 20, 01:29 PM posted to uk.d-i-y

On 31/07/2020 20:18:53, Rod Speed wrote:
Fredxx wrote
What's the best way?

The appropriate blade in a hand held circular saw.
Not cheap tho if you are only doing that one cut.

As you say the blades are extortionate. I was wondering about getting a
diamond slitted (masonry) blade that might fit the saw, assuming I can
get one with the correct diameter and size or arbour.

DPM beneath fibreboard and laminate? RJH[_2_] UK diy 5 December 29th 13 12:59 PM
Fibreboard [email protected] UK diy 1 December 5th 12 04:45 PM
Stabilising fibreboard Dave Plowman (News) UK diy 6 April 14th 07 08:45 AM
1930s airing cupboard - asbestos or wood fibreboard lining? alan kennedy UK diy 2 November 22nd 04 04:50 PM
Steel channel for cable - what does 12mm, 25mm etc. mean? Steve North UK diy 1 July 19th 03 09:56 PM