Old July 30th 20, 09:45 AM posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Septic tank

On 29/07/2020 22:16, Tim+ wrote:
Andrew wrote:
On 29/07/2020 18:20, Jim GM4 DHJ ... wrote:
On 29/07/2020 17:03, Ophelia wrote:

"Scott"* wrote in message

On Tue, 28 Jul 2020 17:27:40 +0100, Muddymike
wrote:

Recent post about septic tank produced a lot of hot air. Just wondering
how many on this list actually live in a house served by a septic tank?

I liked the story (which I hope is true) about the couple asleep in
their camper van when they heard sounds of a disturbance outside.* It
turned out someone was attempting to syphon the fuel but syphoned the
septic tank instead :-)

===

** LOL serve them right )))
cesspool

How do you 'syphon' anything from a tank that is below ground ?.

I assume what’s being referred to is a motorhome’s waste tank (under the
floor of the motorhome) rather than a true septic tank.

I think the story is an urban legend though. Motorhomes often have fresh
water tank fillers that look a bit like fuel tank caps but grey water (or
toilet waste) drain taps could not be mistaken for fuel fillers.

Canal boats however DO have waste tanks with stoppers almost identical to
their fuel tank fillers (a screw in brass plug).

Tim

just noticed yesterday my car fuel tank has an anti-syphon device fitted
in the neck which won't let you tip the tank up to empty it...... simple
device

Old July 30th 20, 10:44 AM posted to uk.d-i-y

On 30/07/2020 10:30, Ophelia wrote:
"Jimk"* wrote in message

Shurely *every* homeowner there has to pay to have their septic
tank pumped out on a regular basis?

* I don't know about Belgium but here in Scotland we do!

When we bought this house back in the 90s, on the same bill as our
council tax, we paid a flat-rate water and sewerage charge. This covered
mains sewerage and for those of us with septic systems it covered
pumping out the tank every x years. Then it changed - no sewerage charge
on the council tax bill, but a very reasonable charge for pumping when
needed. There is now a fairly high (haven't checked lately) charge for
pumping out.
Old July 30th 20, 10:54 AM posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 30 Jul 2020 19:47:01 +1000, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

cretin's pathological trolling: