DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Has anyone coma across plans for Climbing Frames anywhere? (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/678137-has-anyone-coma-across-plans-climbing-frames-anywhere.html)

Chris Green July 28th 20 09:54 AM

Has anyone coma across plans for Climbing Frames anywhere?

I'm thinking of building a climbing frame for our grandson and, while
we can probably come up with some reasonable ideas, some sort of plan
and recommendations for materials etc. would be useful.

Has anyone seen anything like this? It could be just a 'book with
ideas' or, at the opposite end of the spectrum, an actual kit (with,
maybe, buy your own wood).

--
Chris Green
·

GB[_6_] July 28th 20 10:21 AM

On 28/07/2020 09:54, Chris Green wrote:
I'm thinking of building a climbing frame for our grandson and, while
we can probably come up with some reasonable ideas, some sort of plan
and recommendations for materials etc. would be useful.

Has anyone seen anything like this? It could be just a 'book with
ideas' or, at the opposite end of the spectrum, an actual kit (with,
maybe, buy your own wood).

I'm not sure about wood - splinters could be a problem. Ours is made of
galvanised steel. It was bought for our eldest (born 1981) and it's been
out in the garden all this time. I just examined it with a view to our
grandson using it, and it looks okay.

John Rumm July 28th 20 10:33 AM

Has anyone coma across plans for Climbing Frames anywhere?

On 28/07/2020 09:54, Chris Green wrote:

I'm thinking of building a climbing frame for our grandson and, while
we can probably come up with some reasonable ideas, some sort of plan
and recommendations for materials etc. would be useful.

What kind of scale are we talking, and what age range?

--
Cheers,

John.

Andy Burns[_13_] July 28th 20 10:34 AM

Chris Green wrote:

I'm thinking of building a climbing frame for our grandson and, while
we can probably come up with some reasonable ideas, some sort of plan
and recommendations for materials etc. would be useful.

Has anyone seen anything like this? It could be just a 'book with
ideas' or, at the opposite end of the spectrum, an actual kit (with,
maybe, buy your own wood).

Dunster House (I think are a known outfit within the group for log
cabins and DIY uPVC windows) sell a kit for some monkey bars, or you
could crib from their photos

Jimk July 28th 20 11:01 AM

Chris Green Wrote in message:
I'm thinking of building a climbing frame for our grandson and, while
we can probably come up with some reasonable ideas, some sort of plan
and recommendations for materials etc. would be useful.

Has anyone seen anything like this? It could be just a 'book with
ideas' or, at the opposite end of the spectrum, an actual kit (with,
maybe, buy your own wood).

Where are you roughly? I may know of a galvanized steel one for sale...
--
Jimk

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/

Chris Green July 28th 20 11:20 AM

John Rumm wrote:
On 28/07/2020 09:54, Chris Green wrote:

I'm thinking of building a climbing frame for our grandson and, while
we can probably come up with some reasonable ideas, some sort of plan
and recommendations for materials etc. would be useful.

What kind of scale are we talking, and what age range?

We have lots of space (9 acres altogether, but the grass around the
house is 1/2 acre or so), so probably what many people would call
large. Age range, he's going to be 4 soon, so 4 on until .....

--
Chris Green
·

Chris Green July 28th 20 11:24 AM

Andy Burns wrote:
Chris Green wrote:

I'm thinking of building a climbing frame for our grandson and, while
we can probably come up with some reasonable ideas, some sort of plan
and recommendations for materials etc. would be useful.

Has anyone seen anything like this? It could be just a 'book with
ideas' or, at the opposite end of the spectrum, an actual kit (with,
maybe, buy your own wood).

Dunster House (I think are a known outfit within the group for log
cabins and DIY uPVC windows) sell a kit for some monkey bars, or you
could crib from their photos

Yes, thanks, they have a couple of complete constructions as well.

--
Chris Green
·

Chris Green July 28th 20 11:24 AM

Jimk wrote:
Chris Green Wrote in message:
I'm thinking of building a climbing frame for our grandson and, while
we can probably come up with some reasonable ideas, some sort of plan
and recommendations for materials etc. would be useful.

Has anyone seen anything like this? It could be just a 'book with
ideas' or, at the opposite end of the spectrum, an actual kit (with,
maybe, buy your own wood).

Where are you roughly? I may know of a galvanized steel one for sale...

South Suffolk, not far from Ipswich.

--
Chris Green
·

Jimk July 28th 20 12:22 PM

Jimk wrote:
Chris Green Wrote in message:
I'm thinking of building a climbing frame for our grandson and, while
we can probably come up with some reasonable ideas, some sort of plan
and recommendations for materials etc. would be useful.

Has anyone seen anything like this? It could be just a 'book with
ideas' or, at the opposite end of the spectrum, an actual kit (with,
maybe, buy your own wood).

Where are you roughly? I may know of a galvanized steel one for sale...

South Suffolk, not far from Ipswich.

Ah, I expect too far oop north !
--
Jimk