Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Removing Clutch Assembly from a Qualcast strimmer.

https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/F3gAA...JY/s-l1600.jpg
Shows an image, I want to remove the silver clutch assembly.
It spins freely in both directions. Looking at a picture elsewhere of the clutch it is threaded.
The strimmer has not done many hours, the recoil starter is not engaging that is why it is in bits.
Do I just use a screwdriver and force off the shiny silver part on the end, or is there a trick I am missing?

thanks
Posted to uk.d-i-y
ss ss is offline

On 20/07/2020 17:01, misterroy wrote:
https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/F3gAA...JY/s-l1600.jpg
Shows an image, I want to remove the silver clutch assembly.
It spins freely in both directions. Looking at a picture elsewhere of the clutch it is threaded.
The strimmer has not done many hours, the recoil starter is not engaging that is why it is in bits.
Do I just use a screwdriver and force off the shiny silver part on the end, or is there a trick I am missing?

thanks

This any help:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6FcFkbxhAXU
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Monday, July 20, 2020 at 8:21:03 PM UTC+1, ss wrote:
On 20/07/2020 17:01, misterroy wrote:
https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/F3gAA...JY/s-l1600.jpg
Shows an image, I want to remove the silver clutch assembly.
It spins freely in both directions. Looking at a picture elsewhere of the clutch it is threaded.
The strimmer has not done many hours, the recoil starter is not engaging that is why it is in bits.
Do I just use a screwdriver and force off the shiny silver part on the end, or is there a trick I am missing?

thanks

This any help:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6FcFkbxhAXU

Thank you, obvious now that I know the answer.
Torx screw down the hole.