DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Ravenheat boiler. (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/6749-ravenheat-boiler.html)

Graham March 5th 04 06:50 PM

Ravenheat boiler.

I have just installed a Ravenheat RSF84ET boiler and new system,after
warming up it fires up for 40sec then shuts down for 40sec and carries
on like this all the time until I shut it down, all the rads get hot
and I have hot water as well, this does not happen when I switch to
just hot water mode. Any ideas ??
This is the first time I have had or fitted central heating in my
home.
Graham

chris French March 5th 04 08:54 PM

Ravenheat boiler.

In message , Graham
writes
I have just installed a Ravenheat RSF84ET boiler and new system,after
warming up it fires up for 40sec then shuts down for 40sec and carries
on like this all the time until I shut it down, all the rads get hot
and I have hot water as well, this does not happen when I switch to
just hot water mode. Any ideas ??

This is called cycling, it happens when the water from the heating
system hasn't cooled down that much. It's enough to switch the boiler
back on, but then rapidly heats up and the boiler goes off.

I think it is faulty, I would suggest ringing Ravenheat and speaking to
them about it. since it's new you don't want to be wasting your time
trying to fix it.

I have a Ravenheat combi, about 5 years old, it has an anti-cycling
device, which stops such frequent cycling. Once the boiler has stopped
firing for the heating, it won't fire again for 2 1/2 minutes, I expect
yours has a similar system (it should say in the general blurb somewhere
about the boiler operation.
--
Chris French, Leeds