John

Default Small bandsaw

I am looking at buying a small bench top bandsaw and would be interested in
hearing any recomendations, or ones to avoid!
It will mainly be used for sawing through bone and maybe the occasional piece
of timber.
Now before I get weird emails and knocks at the door by plod, I should explain
that I make bone carvings using beef shinbones or deer antler. After the bone
has been cleaned and processed I need to cut it into small pieces. So nothing
big and heavy needed.
It will be used for the odd bit of wood, but as space in my shed is limited
these wont be large either!!
Was thinking along the lines of Machine Mart or Screwfix, comments welcome.
John
mrcheerful

"John" wrote in message
[...]

my performance power bandsaw is really quite pants.

mrcheerful

Andy Hall

On Tue, 31 Aug 2004 20:51:40 +0100, Andy Dingley
wrote:

If you don't already have it, Mark Duginske's book has some great
advice, particularly on choosing blades.
http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/0806963980/codesmiths

There is also a video or DVD to accompany this which is pretty good,
although I am not sure it's available in the UK. I bought mine in
the U.S. and it is also available from amazon.com.

He has another book and video on woodworking machines in general,
although aspects of it such as table saw operation are more geared to
Delta Unisaws et al. The other sections are fairly useful though.

..andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl