Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
SPC

Default Number and positioning of downlights in living room

Hi,

I'm having downlights fitted in my living room tomorrow, but am a bit
worried about getting the number/positioning right. Want the room to
be quite bright and well balanced. Details as follows:

-Room about 12x13
-Chimney breast and bay window to consider
-Painted white
-Option to add additional table lamps etc and my fireplace already has
a downlight on it

As this is quite a small room I had initially planned to place
4x50watt eyeball downlights in a square. But having read some of the
posts here I am concerned that this won't be enough. Problem I have
is that the other half isnt keen on having loads of these all over the
ceiling, but I know she won't be happy with dim light! Shape of the
room makes positioning the lights tricky when I try to bring more than
4 into the equation. Looks something like this (Obviously not to
scale.
_____ ______
! !__________! !
! !___
! x x !
! ! (Bay Window)
! ___!
! x x !

Any advice/suggestions would be appreciated before D Day 2moro!
Really want to get this right!

Thanks all

SPC