DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Removal of supporting wall (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/67089-re-removal-supporting-wall.html)

raden August 29th 04 02:28 PM

Removal of supporting wall

In message , Chris
Carlton writes
Morning,

Have been advised to post here for more information regarding the removal of
a supporting wall. I'd like to remove part of the supporting wall between
the lounge and dining room. (as shown in 'plan_view_with_wall.gif').

I know very little about building/this type of work but i know it can be
removed providing a supporting beam is put in its place ie. an RSJ. I'd
like to get an idea of how much this type of work would cost, what this
process would be for doing this, how long it would take, and whether or not
I'd need any sort of planning permission to do this?

Is there anyone out there who could offer any advice?

Thanks in advance!!

Chris

Yeah, don't post binaries to UKDIY

--
geoff

John Rumm August 30th 04 12:05 AM

raden wrote:

Yeah, don't post binaries to UKDIY

More to the point, my news server killed the whole original post so I
did not see either the text or the picture! Perhaps the OP could repost
and stick the picture on a web page somewhere?

--
Cheers,

John.

Lurch August 30th 04 01:57 AM

On Mon, 30 Aug 2004 00:05:16 +0100, John Rumm
strung together this:

More to the point, my news server killed the whole original post so I
did not see either the text or the picture!

Same here, perhaps the OP is a notorious spammer when he's not
knocking walls down!
--

SJW
A.C.S. Ltd