Chris Melluish

Default dual height coffee table mechanism

I have seen information on a couple of examples of adjustable coffee tables,
where the whole top can be hinged up for use e.g. when watching TV on a
sofa.

Nathan do one in excess of £400, and I found an American site that sold the
mechanism.

I have a coffee table that I could probably convert.

Has anyone seen the mechanism on sale in the UK?

--
Chris Melluish

Andy Hall

On Wed, 3 Mar 2004 18:36:28 -0000, "Chris Melluish"
wrote:

I have seen information on a couple of examples of adjustable coffee tables,
where the whole top can be hinged up for use e.g. when watching TV on a
sofa.

Nathan do one in excess of £400, and I found an American site that sold the
mechanism.

I have a coffee table that I could probably convert.

Has anyone seen the mechanism on sale in the UK?

Yes.

Have a look at the web site for the recent Discovery H&L woodworking
series, The Great British Woodshop.

They had a project to build a dual height coffee table which I am sure
is what you mean.

Take a look at

http://www.greatbritishwoodshop.com/...aspx?tabid=138

and

http://www.greatbritishwoodshop.com/...aspx?tabid=225

They have an online store where the mechanism is sold for £99 plus
shipping.

..andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl
Chris Melluish

wrote:

[...]

That's exactly what I am after.

The mechanism looks the same as the american mechanism which costs $130.

Shipping is £15, bringing the total price to £114.

I was expecting it to be somewhat less than that, but it is still cheaper
than ordering from US.

--
Chris Melluish

Coffee table Alan M UK diy 0 January 20th 04 12:37 PM
Stain-resistant varnish for coffee table? Frank Watson UK diy 0 September 2nd 03 04:07 PM