DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Combi boiler Which one to go for ? (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/66776-combi-boiler-one-go.html)

[email protected] August 26th 04 09:56 PM

Combi boiler Which one to go for ?

My parents old combi boiler needs replacing, can any body recommend / not
recommend any makes ?

As there previous one was a complete nail. The heating engineer has
recommended a Ariston ?

Cheers

Gary

IMM August 26th 04 10:19 PM

wrote in message
My parents old combi boiler needs replacing, can any body recommend / not
recommend any makes ?

As there previous one was a complete nail. The heating engineer has
recommended a Ariston ?

The Ariston Microgenus is fine. The Worcester-Bosch Junior is better.

Fred August 26th 04 11:25 PM

wrote:

My parents old combi boiler needs replacing, can any body recommend / not
recommend any makes ?

As there previous one was a complete nail. The heating engineer has
recommended a Ariston ?

To be more specific, what size of a boiler is needed for a four-bed
terrace? I favour Worcester Bosch but there is a fair bit of prize
difference.

And if you guys happen to know a reliable installer in York, all the
better!

Cheers,

Fred

PJ August 27th 04 08:26 AM

"Fred" wrote in message

My parents old combi boiler needs replacing, can any body recommend / not
recommend any makes ?

As there previous one was a complete nail. The heating engineer has
recommended a Ariston ?

To be more specific, what size of a boiler is needed for a four-bed
terrace? I favour Worcester Bosch but there is a fair bit of prize
difference.

You get what you pay for - as always.

Worcester greenstar HE30 costs around a grand but it is very cheap to run,
is quiet when operating and is extremely reliable.

BTW it's not the size of house that maters - it's how many taps (bathrooms,
kitchen, utility, etc.) that matters.

IMM August 27th 04 10:51 AM

"PJ" wrote in message

"Fred" wrote in message

My parents old combi boiler needs replacing, can any body recommend /

not
recommend any makes ?

As there previous one was a complete nail. The heating engineer has
recommended a Ariston ?

To be more specific, what size of a boiler is needed for a four-bed
terrace? I favour Worcester Bosch but there is a fair bit of prize
difference.

You get what you pay for - as always.

Worcester greenstar HE30 costs around a grand but it is very cheap to run,
is quiet when operating and is extremely reliable.

The 40 has a higher flowrate and about 1k at:
http://www.uselessenergy.org.uk/boil...s.asp#wallhung