DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Damp proof membrane (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/6672-damp-proof-membrane.html)

tzd3sw March 3rd 04 03:52 PM

Damp proof membrane

"The DPM must be continuous with the DPC in the surrounding walls."
This is a retro-fit floor I'm putting in and using visqueen dpm. So my
question is how do I achieve the above?

The existing damp proof course in the wall is plastic but there is no
lip that the dpm can be attached to? Can I glue the dpm to the wall up
to the hight of the damp proof course. If so what could I use ?

Or am I missing the 'proper' way of doing it .

Hope someone can help. Don't want the building officer having a good
giggle at my expense.

Cheers

Rick Dipper March 5th 04 06:43 AM

Damp proof membrane

On 3 Mar 2004 07:52:39 -0800, (tzd3sw) wrote:
"The DPM must be continuous with the DPC in the surrounding walls."
This is a retro-fit floor I'm putting in and using visqueen dpm. So my
question is how do I achieve the above?

The existing damp proof course in the wall is plastic but there is no
lip that the dpm can be attached to? Can I glue the dpm to the wall up
to the hight of the damp proof course. If so what could I use ?

Or am I missing the 'proper' way of doing it .

Hope someone can help. Don't want the building officer having a good
giggle at my expense.

Cheers

Ask the BCO what he would like to see. IMH experiemce these guys enjoy answeing techincal questions,
if you basicly know what you are doing.

Rick