DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Plumbing Connections / Blanking (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/66636-plumbing-connections-blanking.html)

John August 25th 04 07:10 PM

Plumbing Connections / Blanking

(re-post as no reply last time)

I want to remove a couple of radiators to decorate - I have done it many
times and the (Twinfast) valve always leaks a little - but I put a tray
under to collect the drips. However, this time we are getting a new, light
carpet! I want to blank off the valve outlet where the radiator attaches to
reduce the risks until I am ready to re-fit the rad.

Question - what do I need to blank off the valve? What do I ask for?

--

Regards

John

---
All of my outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.

Dave Baker August 25th 04 07:42 PM

Subject: Plumbing Connections / Blanking
From: "John"
Date: 25/08/04 19:10 GMT Daylight Time
(re-post as no reply last time)

I want to remove a couple of radiators to decorate - I have done it many
times and the (Twinfast) valve always leaks a little - but I put a tray
under to collect the drips. However, this time we are getting a new, light
carpet! I want to blank off the valve outlet where the radiator attaches to
reduce the risks until I am ready to re-fit the rad.

Question - what do I need to blank off the valve? What do I ask for?

A screw on blanking plug for a radiator valve. If you just explain what you
need in plain language to any plumbing supplier they'll give you the right bit.
--
Dave Baker - Puma Race Engines (
www.pumaracing.co.uk)

a August 26th 04 12:07 AM

I want to remove a couple of radiators to decorate - I have done it many
times and the (Twinfast) valve always leaks a little - but I put a tray
under to collect the drips. However, this time we are getting a new,

light
carpet! I want to blank off the valve outlet where the radiator attaches

reduce the risks until I am ready to re-fit the rad.

Question - what do I need to blank off the valve? What do I ask for?

A screw on blanking plug for a radiator valve. If you just explain what

you
need in plain language to any plumbing supplier they'll give you the right

bit.
--
Dave Baker - Puma Race Engines (www.pumaracing.co.uk)

I took one off this morning - just needed a 3/4" cap, about £1.20 from the
builders merchant up the road (needed a few turns of PTFE on the valve
thread too to make it watertight under pressure).

On a related note, can you run a combi boiler for just DHW with the CH
circuit depressurised/drained? I wasnt sure which is why I blanked the valve
and refilled the system, obviously dont actually need CH at the moment but
hot water is a must.

chris French August 26th 04 12:52 AM

In message , a
writes

On a related note, can you run a combi boiler for just DHW with the CH
circuit depressurised/drained?

No, they won't run if there is not enough pressure in the system.
--
Chris French, Leeds

Kalico August 26th 04 12:03 PM

On Thu, 26 Aug 2004 00:52:38 +0100, chris French
wrote:

In message , a
writes

On a related note, can you run a combi boiler for just DHW with the CH
circuit depressurised/drained?

No, they won't run if there is not enough pressure in the system.

One reason why a couple of full-bore ball valves are useful in the
flow and return, just under the boiler.

Rob

Replace 'spam' with 'org' to reply