DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   10mm speedfit pipe (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/66572-10mm-speedfit-pipe.html)

Mark Trueman August 25th 04 10:01 AM

10mm speedfit pipe

Hi,

Im after about 5m of 10mm speedfit plastic pipe, but i dont really want to
have to buy a whole 25m coil of the stuff.

Does anyone have any they dont want/ know of anywhere i can get shorter
lengths.

Regards

Mark

Glen August 26th 04 03:28 AM

Im after about 5m of 10mm speedfit plastic pipe, but i dont really want to
have to buy a whole 25m coil of the stuff.

Does anyone have any they dont want/ know of anywhere i can get shorter
lengths.

Try some local plumbers merchants. I recently bought about 10m of 15mm Hep2O
pipe from one local to me...which they just cut from a roll and charged me
appropriately.

Glen

G&M August 26th 04 08:00 PM

"Mark Trueman" wrote in message
Hi,

Im after about 5m of 10mm speedfit plastic pipe, but i dont really want to
have to buy a whole 25m coil of the stuff.

Does anyone have any they dont want/ know of anywhere i can get shorter
lengths.

Most good plumbers merchants will cut to length off a 100m roll.

Mark Trueman August 27th 04 01:49 PM

"G&M" wrote in message

Most good plumbers merchants will cut to length off a 100m roll.

There cant be any good plumbers merchants round here then, been in a few
this lunchtime and they all want to sell me a 50m reel, wont cut the reel.

Looking for alternative supply......

IMM August 27th 04 02:27 PM

"G&M" wrote in message

Most good plumbers merchants will cut to length off a 100m roll.

There cant be any good plumbers merchants round here then, been in a few
this lunchtime and they all want to sell me a 50m reel, wont cut the reel.

Looking for alternative supply......

Speedfit will fit onto copper pipe. Use copper.

Mark Trueman August 27th 04 02:43 PM

"G&M" wrote in message

Most good plumbers merchants will cut to length off a 100m roll.

There cant be any good plumbers merchants round here then, been in a few
this lunchtime and they all want to sell me a 50m reel, wont cut the

reel.

Looking for alternative supply......

Speedfit will fit onto copper pipe. Use copper.

Copper will kill inverts when placed in a marine fish tank

Use plastic

G&M August 27th 04 06:53 PM

"G&M" wrote in message

Most good plumbers merchants will cut to length off a 100m roll.

There cant be any good plumbers merchants round here then, been in a few
this lunchtime and they all want to sell me a 50m reel, wont cut the reel.

Looking for alternative supply......

How long do you need and where are you roughly ?

Mark Trueman August 27th 04 11:00 PM

"G&M" wrote in message

Most good plumbers merchants will cut to length off a 100m roll.

There cant be any good plumbers merchants round here then, been in a few
this lunchtime and they all want to sell me a 50m reel, wont cut the

reel.

Looking for alternative supply......

How long do you need and where are you roughly ?

Im in Luton, Beds. Need 4-5 meters of it.

G&M August 28th 04 10:48 PM

"Mark Trueman" wrote in message

How long do you need and where are you roughly ?

Im in Luton, Beds. Need 4-5 meters of it.

Long way away I'm afraid. Anybody local to there help ?

Mark Trueman August 29th 04 10:30 AM

"Steve Firth" wrote in message
.. .
Mark Trueman wrote:

Does anyone have any they dont want/ know of anywhere i can get shorter
lengths.

The local B&Q warehouse (Hedge End, Soton) has 10mm speedfit in 2 metre
lengths. This is one of the big trade B&Qs, you may find it at a trade
B&Q in your area.

friendly advice in a flame-free environment.

Ive been in a few B+Qs, both the big trade ones and the smaller ones, and
the 10mm is only available on the reel. You must have a reasonably good B+Q
by you for them to cut it off the reel and sell it in sections.