DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   exterior paint (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/66469-exterior-paint.html)

mj August 24th 04 05:46 PM

exterior paint

Hi all

I''m about to paint the outside of my house ~ It's part rendered & part spar
dashed.

Obviously the rendered part will be painted in smooth paint but which type
of paint should I use on the spar dashed areas ~ smooth or textured?

I originally would have gone for the textured but then thought that it would
be harder to get full coverage given that its on a very rough area so I'm
confused now!

Will be using the Wickes master range unless you guys have better
recommendations

Cheers

mike

stuart noble August 25th 04 12:09 PM

mj wrote in message ...
Hi all

I''m about to paint the outside of my house ~ It's part rendered & part

spar
dashed.

Obviously the rendered part will be painted in smooth paint but which type
of paint should I use on the spar dashed areas ~ smooth or textured?

I originally would have gone for the textured but then thought that it

would
be harder to get full coverage given that its on a very rough area so I'm
confused now!

Will be using the Wickes master range unless you guys have better
recommendations

Go for a pliolite, solvent based paint. Macphersons, Johnstones, and,
increasingly, good builders merchants. Double the price but well worth it.
Magnolia is often on special offer.