Jed Spud

Default ceramic floor tiling prep.

Having just bought a load of floor tiles & chucked the grotty carpet tiles
out i'm left with some v.old, but soundly fixed tiling which is fairly
level.
I plan to tile on top of this, what prep. would be best to clean off the
various bits of double sided tape, other sticky stuff, muck & gunk etc. on
the old tiles?
Do the old tiles need anything on them to help adhesion with the new tiles?

Scott Mills

"Jed Spud" wrote in message
Having just bought a load of floor tiles & chucked the grotty carpet tiles
out i'm left with some v.old, but soundly fixed tiling which is fairly
level.
I plan to tile on top of this, what prep. would be best to clean off the
various bits of double sided tape, other sticky stuff, muck & gunk etc. on
the old tiles?
Do the old tiles need anything on them to help adhesion with the new

tiles?

I've done a few of these now. Just give them a good old clean and off you
go. Use the powered adhesive - not teh ready mixed stuff its crap. I have
even used cement on a couple of occasions when I ran out of the propper
stuff and want to get the job done. They are still stuck down...

Jed Spud

thanks for that, i've got half the floor scrubbed & scraped with sugar soap,
it seems to be getting the gunk off, another evening of scrubbing & i might
be ready to start the fun stuff.