BIGEYE

Default Carbide tipped scoring knife

Can anyone advise where to get one. Need it to cut cement based tile backing
board. Or if anone can advise a better method to cut this board.
TIA

Chris Hodges

BIGEYE wrote:
Can anyone advise where to get one. Need it to cut cement based tile backing
board. Or if anone can advise a better method to cut this board.
TIA

Diamond scribers used to be available in a kit with UV pens (for
security purposes) from all sorts of places (e.g. a big WH Smiths)a few
years ago. I know RS sell them now. That should do the trick

--
Chris
-----

OldScrawn

Not used this board, but a Stanley knife will work on the high temperature
glass/cement board used (for example) above woodburners. Blades are cheap
enough!
MrCheerful

"BIGEYE" wrote in message
Can anyone advise where to get one. Need it to cut cement based tile

backing
board. Or if anone can advise a better method to cut this board.
TIA

could you use a tile scorer?

MrCheerful

BIGEYE

Tried unsuccessfully to use a stanley knife. Scored the board to a depth of
about 1mm, and the board broke everywhere except where I scored with the
knife.

"OldScrawn" wrote in message
Not used this board, but a Stanley knife will work on the high temperature
glass/cement board used (for example) above woodburners. Blades are cheap
enough!

BIGEYE

After much experimentation, the best thing to cut this stuff is a circular
saw.
Thanks guys for your suggestions.

"BIGEYE" wrote in message
Can anyone advise where to get one. Need it to cut cement based tile

backing
board. Or if anone can advise a better method to cut this board.
TIA

could you use a tile scorer?

MrCheerful

George Watson

"BIGEYE" wrote in message
Can anyone advise where to get one. Need it to cut cement based tile

backing
board. Or if anone can advise a better method to cut this board.
TIA

could you use a tile scorer?

MrCheerful

yes plasplugs make them ive got 1