DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   paint effects (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/65412-paint-effects.html)

Bilbo Baggins August 16th 04 10:09 PM

paint effects

We have some honey pine bedroom furniture that we want to paint.

I remember seeing a paint effect on tv many months ago where someone painted
the furniture lilac or blue followed by a coat of white and then lightly
sanded. This gave an attractive soft antique look. Ideal for a bedroom.

Any idea what this is called or do you have any tips on how to do it or what
paint to use.

Many thanks.

John Flax August 17th 04 07:53 AM

"Bilbo Baggins" wrote in message
We have some honey pine bedroom furniture that we want to paint.

I remember seeing a paint effect on tv many months ago where someone

painted
the furniture lilac or blue followed by a coat of white and then lightly
sanded. This gave an attractive soft antique look. Ideal for a bedroom.

Any idea what this is called or do you have any tips on how to do it or

what
paint to use.

Many thanks.

Take an old piece of furniture, sand it down and paint it a base colour.
Once dry, paint a contrasting colour on top and when that is dry, gently
sand to reveal the undercoat in patches for a distressed look.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/homes/design/de...eets/175.shtml

Alternatively, put the two words 'distressed paint' (without the
apostrophes) in Google and look through the results.