Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Frisket

Default Toilet install / Guiness book of records

Hi all,
some of you may remember me posting a few questions on here months ago
regarding the proposed replacement of our bog. The trouble was that the
existing soil outlet is virtually at floor height whilst the new one is
about 200mm (8" in real money). This meant I'd have to rotate my existing
pipe 90 degrees (which I managed, thanks for the tips) and add an elbow.
Trouble is after rotation I'd need to lift the pan about 2" (50mm in new
money) to get the elbow in ! (So I hastily turned it back and refitted the
original). I noticed Tims earlier posting where he mentions his pot being up
in the air and wonder 1 - if it's possible / permissible to do this and 2 -
what do you stand the pot on (bearing in mind my 10 year old son has no
apparent sense of direction so it would need to be water proof).
SWMBO has threatened to contact the Guinness book of records over the length
of time this projects taking so any help would be appreciated (I've tried to
explain that you can't rush an artisan but you wouldn't believe the language
she used).
TIA,
Richard