DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   New shower valve (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/651244-new-shower-valve.html)

GB[_6_] June 29th 20 06:30 PM

New shower valve

We need a new surface mounted shower valve. The existing one has the two
pipe entries on the top, about an inch apart. I can't seem to find
anything like it. I can alter the pipework, if necessary, but just
wondered whether those are still available?

Tim Lamb[_2_] June 29th 20 08:25 PM

New shower valve

In message , GB
writes

https://www.showerdoc.com/

--
Tim Lamb

GB[_6_] June 30th 20 11:03 AM

New shower valve

On 29/06/2020 20:25, Tim Lamb wrote:
In message , GB
writes
We need a new surface mounted shower valve. The existing one has the
two pipe entries on the top, about an inch apart. I can't seem to find
anything like it. I can alter the pipework, if necessary, but just
wondered whether those are still available?

https://www.showerdoc.com/

I had a look but couldn't see anything. :(

Cynic[_2_] June 30th 20 07:25 PM

New shower valve

About 15 years ago I installed a shower in our en suite. At the time I looked at various mixer valves and compared prices. Mira thermostatic at the time was around £150. Lidl had a surface mount thermostat model for £20.
I thought at that price it was worth trying at little risk so bought one. It's been working fine ever since! A year later they came back into stock so I bought another as a spare. It's still sitting unopened on top of the wardrobe.