DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Strange Router Bit (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/651229-strange-router-bit.html)

[email protected] June 29th 20 12:37 AM

Strange Router Bit

Picked this up among other things:
https://ibb.co/cQbfw5B
It has 9 cutting edges rather than 2. The cutting head bolts onto the shaft, and the head is one solid piece of material, not TCT on steel. Since steel & TCT are both magnetic I can't tell for sure which this is.

What is this? A superfast TCT router or some old school stick-it-in-your-B&D-&-pray steel router?

NT

Andy Burns[_13_] June 29th 20 06:43 AM

Strange Router Bit

wrote:

https://ibb.co/cQbfw5B It has 9 cutting edges rather than 2. The
cutting head bolts onto the shaft, and the head is one solid piece of
material, not TCT on steel. Since steel & TCT are both magnetic I
can't tell for sure which this is.

What is this?

Maybe for doing a roundover on granite worktops, but without a bearing,
it'd need to be used in e.g. a CNC mill.

fred[_8_] June 29th 20 03:12 PM

Strange Router Bit

On Monday, June 29, 2020 at 12:37:39 AM UTC+1, wrote:
Picked this up among other things:
https://ibb.co/cQbfw5B
It has 9 cutting edges rather than 2. The cutting head bolts onto the shaft, and the head is one solid piece of material, not TCT on steel. Since steel & TCT are both magnetic I can't tell for sure which this is.

What is this? A superfast TCT router or some old school stick-it-in-your-B&D-&-pray steel router?

NT

I'm not convinced that is a router bit

Andrew[_22_] June 29th 20 04:38 PM

Strange Router Bit

On 29/06/2020 00:37, wrote:
Picked this up among other things:
https://ibb.co/cQbfw5B
It has 9 cutting edges rather than 2. The cutting head bolts onto the shaft, and the head is one solid piece of material, not TCT on steel. Since steel & TCT are both magnetic I can't tell for sure which this is.

What is this? A superfast TCT router or some old school stick-it-in-your-B&D-&-pray steel router?

NT

I keep getting warnings from Kaspersky about 'this site contains a
malicious link' from that picture.

It objects to something starting with https://cdn.sitesw ....

Andy Burns[_13_] June 29th 20 04:48 PM

Strange Router Bit

Andrew wrote:

I keep getting warnings from Kaspersky about 'this site contains a
malicious link' from that picture.

It objects to something starting with https://cdn.sitesw ....

uBlock puts paid to "siteswithcontent"

[email protected] June 30th 20 08:36 AM

Strange Router Bit

On Monday, 29 June 2020 15:12:09 UTC+1, fred wrote:
On Monday, June 29, 2020 at 12:37:39 AM UTC+1, tabby wrote:
Picked this up among other things:
https://ibb.co/cQbfw5B
It has 9 cutting edges rather than 2. The cutting head bolts onto the shaft, and the head is one solid piece of material, not TCT on steel. Since steel & TCT are both magnetic I can't tell for sure which this is.

What is this? A superfast TCT router or some old school stick-it-in-your-B&D-&-pray steel router?

NT

I'm not convinced that is a router bit

I don't see what else it could be. It can't be a countersink, too large a central area (about half inch across there) plus the wrong shape. It's roundover shape except that the widest bit doesn't quite go all the way to 90 degrees. Odd!

NT

The Natural Philosopher[_2_] June 30th 20 09:05 AM

Strange Router Bit

On 29/06/2020 06:43, Andy Burns wrote:
wrote:

https://ibb.co/cQbfw5B It has 9 cutting edges rather than 2. The
cutting head bolts onto the shaft, and the head is one solid piece of
material, not TCT on steel. Since steel & TCT are both magnetic I
can't tell for sure which this is.

What is this?

Maybe for doing a roundover on granite worktops, but without a bearing,
it'd need to be used in e.g. a CNC mill.

Or a table router.
Or a fence router.

let them."