DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Integrated Washer (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/650084-integrated-washer.html)

John June 2nd 20 06:59 PM

Integrated Washer

Daughter has just bought a replacement Integrated Washer (spit). When I
went round today, I noticed the unit door was in the hallway. Why I asked?

The hinges are spaced differently - I checked and they were - top one by
about 5 mmm bottom by about 30mm.

How bloody stupid is that?

Any suggestions for a solution?

Are they now standardised - with her original being odd?

Brian Gaff \(Sofa\) June 3rd 20 08:44 AM

Integrated Washer

One would need more detail to answer that I'd suggest!
Brian

--
----- --
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
2...

David Wade[_2_] June 3rd 20 09:17 AM

Integrated Washer

On 02/06/2020 18:59, John wrote:
Daughter has just bought a replacement Integrated Washer (spit). When I
went round today, I noticed the unit door was in the hallway. Why I asked?

The hinges are spaced differently - I checked and they were - top one by
about 5 mmm bottom by about 30mm.

How bloody stupid is that?

Any suggestions for a solution?

Are they now standardised - with her original being odd?

I don't believe there are any standards for hinge placement on kitchen
doors. Well perhaps its more like there are so many to choose from that
you put the hinges where you want and choose which standard to follow.

Dave

John June 3rd 20 09:42 AM

Integrated Washer

David Wade wrote in
:

On 02/06/2020 18:59, John wrote:
Daughter has just bought a replacement Integrated Washer (spit). When
I went round today, I noticed the unit door was in the hallway. Why I
asked?

The hinges are spaced differently - I checked and they were - top
one by about 5 mmm bottom by about 30mm.

How bloody stupid is that?

Any suggestions for a solution?

Are they now standardised - with her original being odd?

I don't believe there are any standards for hinge placement on kitchen
doors. Well perhaps its more like there are so many to choose from
that you put the hinges where you want and choose which standard to
follow.

Dave

This particular washer has the hinge mounts fitted to pierced slots in
the front of the machine. The cupboard door has the usual counterbored
recesses for the hinges.

Theo[_3_] June 3rd 20 02:47 PM

Integrated Washer

John wrote:
This particular washer has the hinge mounts fitted to pierced slots in
the front of the machine. The cupboard door has the usual counterbored
recesses for the hinges.

Ours has the usual recesses, and a much smaller hinge in one of them.
I suspect the replacement hinge had to go in a different place compared with
the previous machine, so someone enlarged the hole and left one of the hinge
ears floating. The door wobbles quite a bit (but then so does the whole
kitchen).

Fill the holes and bore new ones?

Theo