DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   A64 speed camera vans and apprentices (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/649892-re-a64-speed-camera-vans-apprentices.html)

bert[_7_] May 28th 20 12:48 PM

A64 speed camera vans and apprentices

In article ,
writes
NY wrote:
A lot of traffic seems to turn off at Malton (at one of the three junctions)
and I've not noticed *such* heavy traffic between Brambling Fields junction
and Scarborough.

People argue that the A64 should be dualled all the way to Scarborough, but
as you've pointed out the traffic splits in two at Malton. A satisfactory
solution would be to finish dualling between York and Malton, filling the
Barton Gap and the Hutton Gap, and improve the Malton-Scarborough section
to High Quality Single Carriageway.

It's one of the perennial topics in a Roads Forum I chat in. See
http://mdfs.net/maps/Pickering for general concensus of proposals.

jgh

Who owns the land? Crown estates cannot be subject to compulsory
purchase orders. Prevented an obvious dual carriageway expansion near us
for years until finally a deal has been done - involving house building
of course.
--
bert

[email protected] May 28th 20 09:51 PM

bert wrote:
Who owns the land? Crown estates cannot be subject to compulsory
purchase orders. Prevented an obvious dual carriageway expansion near us
for years until finally a deal has been done - involving house building
of course.

A lot of it is already land banked as Highways land, particularly
eastwards of Hopgrave and westwards from Barton Hill and near
Crambeck Bridge. The biggest land take is going to be whatever
option is used at Golden Hill, and I think at that point just
building a new alignment over farm land is the best solution.

jgh