Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default bloody ot computers

I have various computers a fast connection most of the time but since
the lock down facebook and youtube pages don't fully download is this
because there are so many people on line that nornaly wouldn't be ? ...
Posted to uk.d-i-y

I have various computers a fast connection most of the time but since
the lock down facebook and youtube pages don't fully download is this
because there are so many people on line that nornaly wouldn't be ? ...

Could be, I have not noticed any slowing down nor long delays downloading streaming services but then we are on FTTC with just a few hundred yards along copper wires. Quite a few are on VM and most still on ADSL round here so it is hard to gauge, but I do recall when we initially were on ADSL at busy times downloads could take a little longer but no real trouble with web pages or YouTube.

Richard
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Brian Gaff (Sofa) wrote

Might be worth looking at a speed test. For the sighted one that shows a
real time graph for up and down might be good. Often rebooting the router
can fix things like this, or use a different name server.

Different name server wont help with pages not fully downloading.
It already resolved the name to get the download started.

"Tricky Dicky" wrote in message

I have various computers a fast connection most of the time but since
the lock down facebook and youtube pages don't fully download is this
because there are so many people on line that nornaly wouldn't be ? ...

Could be, I have not noticed any slowing down nor long delays downloading
streaming services but then we are on FTTC with just a few hundred yards
along copper wires. Quite a few are on VM and most still on ADSL round
here so it is hard to gauge, but I do recall when we initially were on
ADSL at busy times downloads could take a little longer but no real
trouble with web pages or YouTube.

Richard

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 28/05/2020 07:06, Brian Gaff (Sofa) wrote:
Might be worth looking at a speed test. For the sighted one that shows a
real time graph for up and down might be good. Often rebooting the router
can fix things like this, or use a different name server.
Brian

speed is fine it is just that the pages like youtube only show the
picture and nothing else....is this too many users using youtube at the
same time ? ...

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Lonely Cantankerous Auto-contradicting Senile Ozzie Troll Alert! LOL

On Thu, 28 May 2020 17:00:07 +1000, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

John addressing the senile Australian pest:
"You are a complete idiot. But you make me larf. LOL"
MID:
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Jim GM4DHJ ..." wrote in message
On 28/05/2020 07:06, Brian Gaff (Sofa) wrote:
Might be worth looking at a speed test. For the sighted one that shows a
real time graph for up and down might be good. Often rebooting the router
can fix things like this, or use a different name server.
Brian

speed is fine it is just that the pages like youtube only show the picture
and nothing else....is this too many users using youtube at the same time
? ...

Nope, something ****ed about your system.

Try another computer and then try another router etc.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 28 May 2020 19:06:25 +1000, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

FLUSH troll****

--
Kerr-Mudd,John addressing senile Rot:
MID: