DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Building Control for new roof on old outbuildings (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/649370-building-control-new-roof-old-outbuildings.html)

George Miles May 16th 20 03:30 PM

Building Control for new roof on old outbuildings

I'm thinking of connecting 2 little outbuildings to the house,
and putting on a new insulated roof.

What will Building Control think, will they want new foundations?

One is victorian stone, one is 70's blocks.

Should I dig some kind of exploratory holes?

They've been roofed for decades with no cracking so should be OK,
do I have to have some kind of expensive surveyors?

George