DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   LG TV UJ 630V - too loud (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/648959-lg-tv-uj-630v-too-loud.html)

Harry Bloomfield, Esq. May 7th 20 03:29 PM

LG TV UJ 630V - too loud

I am usually complaining that the ads are played at much louder volume
than the program contents, but not this time. On live off air TV it is
fine.

The problem is Netflix and AmazonPrime, plus to a lesser extent catch
up content. Catch up content often has the speech swamped by music or
sound effects, so I cannot make out the speech. Netflix and Amazon has
similar problems, except when then is some noisy action, explosion or
gunshot - the volume becomes so loud it is near deafening. SWMBO has
just been watching Crossing Lines on catchup, which often has defening
passages in it. She says it is my TV.

I have tried various sound settings in the TV, but nothing seems to
have helped - has anyone found a fix.

Harry Bloomfield, Esq. May 7th 20 08:00 PM

LG TV UJ 630V - too loud

It happens that Adrian Caspersz formulated :
Probably right. LG wants you to buy their soundbar thingy.

Or you could splash out on one of these.
https://www.johnlewis.com/sony-srs-l...eaker/p3425583

I have an older soundbar and had thought I might need to buy a new one,
when I bought the TV, but for a TV, the sound is surprisingly good on
the built in speakers.

I have tried various sound settings in the TV, but nothing seems to have
helped - has anyone found a fix.

There is a sound installation setting for whether you have the set free
standing or attached to the wall.

It has a thing called 'Magic sound tuning' which works to tweak the
audio using the mic in the remote control.

There is another thing called 'Auto
Volume'. Play with those?

That was on, I have just turned it off and it seems to have helped, but
I need more exposure to it to be sure. Thanks..

Ultimately, it's American influence of the program providers. Remove the case
and fit bass blocking capacitors in series with the speaker leads.

Brian Gaff \(Sofa 2\) May 7th 20 09:12 PM

LG TV UJ 630V - too loud

The question really is, what is it like on another tv I guess, if you have a
surround system and not sime tiny little speaker in the telly it might be
better.
Brian

--
----- --
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
Harry Bloomfield; "Esq." wrote in
message ...

Harry Bloomfield, Esq. May 7th 20 10:48 PM

LG TV UJ 630V - too loud

on 07/05/2020, Brian Gaff (Sofa 2) supposed :
The question really is, what is it like on another tv I guess, if you have a
surround system and not sime tiny little speaker in the telly it might be
better.

No, it really does become painfully loud. The effects sounds swamp the
speech.

Andy Burns[_13_] May 8th 20 07:04 AM

LG TV UJ 630V - too loud

Harry Bloomfield wrote:

it really does become painfully loud. The effects sounds swamp the
speech.

Does it claim to have some fancy "virtual surround" mode? Can you turn
it off.

Harry Bloomfield, Esq. May 8th 20 09:00 AM

LG TV UJ 630V - too loud

Andy Burns formulated on Friday :
Harry Bloomfield wrote:

it really does become painfully loud. The effects sounds swamp the speech.

Does it claim to have some fancy "virtual surround" mode? Can you turn it
off.

It has an ULTRA Surround on/off which has always been off.