DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   One for Adam (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/648779-one-adam.html)

Tim Lamb[_2_] May 3rd 20 11:11 AM

One for Adam

Combining two workshops, I have extended an existing wall mounted 50mm
steel trunking run to provide 3 more 13 amp socket outlets.

The head scratching moment came with the choice of ways to connect up to
the existing ring. Ladder work, series connection with the last socket
in the existing ring and loop back or what I decided which was to
connect alternate sockets going out and intermediates on the way back.
--
Tim Lamb

ARW May 3rd 20 11:50 AM

One for Adam

On 03/05/2020 11:11, Tim Lamb wrote:
Combining two workshops, I have extended an existing wall mounted 50mm
steel trunking run to provide 3 more 13 amp socket outlets.

The head scratching moment came with the choice of ways to connect up to
the existing ring. Ladder work, series connection with the last socket
in the existing ring and loop back or what I decided which was to
connect alternate sockets going out and intermediates on the way back.

Excellent. It keeps the ring in balance.

:-)

--
Adam

Roger Hayter[_2_] May 3rd 20 12:15 PM

One for Adam

Tim Lamb wrote:

Combining two workshops, I have extended an existing wall mounted 50mm
steel trunking run to provide 3 more 13 amp socket outlets.

The head scratching moment came with the choice of ways to connect up to
the existing ring. Ladder work, series connection with the last socket
in the existing ring and loop back or what I decided which was to
connect alternate sockets going out and intermediates on the way back.

As an amateur comment, this seems very clever and ideal both from
convenience of wiring and sticking to the rules. But I await
professional comment with interest.

--

Roger Hayter