DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   British Gas Wireless Receiver with Hive (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/647875-british-gas-wireless-receiver-hive.html)

Marshall Chaloner Morris April 17th 20 09:44 PM

British Gas Wireless Receiver with Hive

I have mislaid my Instruction leaflet for my WR1. The red alarm light in on
and the Drayton Motorised Valve is stuck in the Hot Water position. As a
result I have Hot Water but no heating. The Hive Thermostat is showing the
correct indications sand these are transmitted to the box fixed outside the
airing cupboard as shown by the appropriate green lights. The WR1 is inside
the airing cupboard and does not use batteries - it is mains connected. I
would like to get an instruction leaflet so I can try resetting the unit to
clear the red alarm light. I think I've done it once before but it was a long
time ago.

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/uk-diy...e-1424714-.htm

newshound April 18th 20 09:50 PM

British Gas Wireless Receiver with Hive

On 17/04/2020 21:44, Marshall Chaloner Morris wrote:
I have mislaid my Instruction leaflet for my WR1.Â* The red alarm light
in on
and the Drayton Motorised Valve is stuck in the Hot Water position.Â* As a
result I have Hot Water but no heating. The Hive Thermostat is showing the
correct indications sand these are transmitted to theÂ* box fixed outside
the
airing cupboard as shown by the appropriate green lights.Â* The WR1 is
inside
the airing cupboard and does not use batteries - it is mains connected.Â* I
would like to get an instruction leaflet so I can try resetting the unit to
clear the red alarm light.Â* I think I've done it once before but it was
a long
time ago.

Have you actually tried googling direct for the manual? IME almost all
modern stuff has manuals online.

ARW April 19th 20 11:41 AM

On 18/04/2020 21:50, newshound wrote:
[...]

He is posting via the HomeOwnersHub.

So the chances are slim.

--
Adam

Andy Bennet April 19th 20 04:37 PM

British Gas Wireless Receiver with Hive

On 17/04/2020 21:44, Marshall Chaloner Morris wrote:
I have mislaid my Instruction leaflet for my WR1.Â* The red alarm light
in on
and the Drayton Motorised Valve is stuck in the Hot Water position.Â* As a
result I have Hot Water but no heating. The Hive Thermostat is showing the
correct indications sand these are transmitted to theÂ* box fixed outside
the
airing cupboard as shown by the appropriate green lights.Â* The WR1 is
inside
the airing cupboard and does not use batteries - it is mains connected.Â* I
would like to get an instruction leaflet so I can try resetting the unit to
clear the red alarm light.Â* I think I've done it once before but it was
a long
time ago.

If you have a Hive system why have you got a WR1?
The Hive replaces it.

If the Hive was a retrofit then the WR1 reciever contacts should have
been shorted out or the box removed.