DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   AGA solid fuel cooker (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/646258-re-aga-solid-fuel-cooker.html)

[email protected] March 23rd 20 12:39 PM

AGA solid fuel cooker

Anyone know where I can find original instructions for 4 door Solid Fuel (Charcoal)AGA? Also any agents in UK still stocking spares for this model (c.1954)?

The Natural Philosopher[_2_] March 23rd 20 02:32 PM

AGA solid fuel cooker

On 23/03/2020 12:39, wrote:
Anyone know where I can find original instructions for 4 door Solid
Fuel (Charcoal)AGA? Also any agents in UK still stocking spares for
this model (c.1954)?

If agents are not third party people will be

https://qafinds.com/?q=solid+fuel+ag...ig8pgb 5oafmr
may work or it may infect you with malware

--
€œA leader is best When people barely know he exists. Of a good leader,
€œWe did this ourselves.€

ۥ Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching

MuddyMike March 24th 20 09:13 AM

AGA solid fuel cooker

On 23/03/2020 12:39, wrote:
Anyone know where I can find original instructions for 4 door Solid Fuel (Charcoal)AGA? Also any agents in UK still stocking spares for this model (c.1954)?

What do you need to know? I used to have one. Installed and serviced it
myself.

Mike

ss March 24th 20 10:03 AM

AGA solid fuel cooker

On 24/03/2020 09:13, Muddymike wrote:
On 23/03/2020 12:39, wrote:
Anyone know where I can find original instructions for 4 door Solid
Fuel (Charcoal)AGA? Also any agents in UK still stocking spares for
this model (c.1954)?

What do you need to know? I used to have one. Installed and serviced it
myself.

Mike

I can get you instructions for

Aga Solid Fuel Deluxe
Cookers
Models C, CB, E
(1956-2001)

charles March 24th 20 02:04 PM

AGA solid fuel cooker

On 23/03/2020 12:39, wrote:
Anyone know where I can find original instructions for 4 door Solid
Fuel (Charcoal)AGA? Also any agents in UK still stocking spares for
this model (c.1954)?

What do you need to know? I used to have one. Installed and serviced it
myself.

Mike

I can get you instructions for

Aga Solid Fuel Deluxe
Cookers
Models C, CB, E
(1956-2001)

The OP says charcoal fired - but were they, in the early 1950's?
Surely charcoal wouldn't have been that easy to come by then,
certainly not in the quantity required to keep an AGA going 24/7. I
thought it was coke, or anthracite.

as I remember*, it was called "Phurnacite" - egg shaped pellets. Our only
needed filling twice a day. I'm sure in some rural areas that amount of
charcoal would hve been available.

* we had an AGA from 1964 until I rebuilt the kitchen in 1969. It wasn't
until I came to take it apart that I discovered why it never worked
properly. It hadn't been assembled correctly. ;-(

--
from KT24 in Surrey, England