Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Toiler Roll Shortage.....

I needed to pop into the local Aldi today- they have some cord/rope on
offer I need to repair my antenna which came down in the recent winds.

Senior Management instructed me to see if they had any of the particular
loo roll we use in the motorhome- sure enough they not only had a
reasonable stock but there didn't seem to be limit on how many you could
buy. I picked up a pack of nine- the normal supply for a longer trip. A
lady in the queue at the check out noticed the pack in my trolley and
asked me where they were- she'd been in a couple of other shops which
were cleaned out.

We also needed a couple of normal cleaning items, again they were
available but people were commenting that other places were out of stock.

So, it seems at least some places are still suffering from panic buying.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Brian Reay" wrote in message ...
I needed to pop into the local Aldi today- they have some cord/rope on offer I need to
repair my antenna which came down in the recent winds.

Senior Management instructed me to see if they had any of the particular loo roll we
use in the motorhome- sure enough they not only had a reasonable stock but there didn't
seem to be limit on how many you could buy. I picked up a pack of nine- the normal
supply for a longer trip. A lady in the queue at the check out noticed the pack in my
trolley and asked me where they were- she'd been in a couple of other shops which were
cleaned out.

We also needed a couple of normal cleaning items, again they were available but people
were commenting that other places were out of stock.

So, it seems at least some places are still suffering from panic buying.

this is so sad

I was in an Asda this morning and there was a chap with a trolley load. and I
literally mean a whole trolley load, of sliced white bread. You sometimes get
cafes bulk buying in Asda but it would be a pretty big cafe to use all that bread.
Its tastes like cardboard as it is, and not even the best kind of cardboard
And is so soft that it just flops over if not supported just so muppets
will assume its fresh. So god knows what it would be like thawed out
after a few months in a freezer.

that was really sad

michael adams

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 10 Mar 2020 11:57:04 -0000, michael adams wrote:

I was in an Asda this morning and there was a chap with a trolley load.
and I literally mean a whole trolley load, of sliced white bread.

snip
So god knows what it would be like thawed out after a few months in a
freezer.

You reckon he has enough empty freezer space for that much bread?
Much more likely to end up in the bin in a weeks time when it's gone
stale/mouldy.

--
Cheers
Dave.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Brian Reay wrote :
We also needed a couple of normal cleaning items, again they were available
but people were commenting that other places were out of stock.

So, it seems at least some places are still suffering from panic buying.

I earlier (last week) suggested that there seemed to be full shelves
around here, but I was shopping on Saturday and they were down to one
18 roll pack in one shop and none at all in another. I was about to
need to top up anyway, so I grabbed the last 18 roll pack.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 10 Mar 2020 12:18:13 +0000, Harry Bloomfield, Esq. wrote:

Brian Reay wrote :
We also needed a couple of normal cleaning items, again they were
available but people were commenting that other places were out of
stock.

So, it seems at least some places are still suffering from panic
buying.

I earlier (last week) suggested that there seemed to be full shelves
around here, but I was shopping on Saturday and they were down to one 18
roll pack in one shop and none at all in another. I was about to need to
top up anyway, so I grabbed the last 18 roll pack.

LOcal Aldi stocked up fully on toilet roll before opening on Saturdsay.
All gone by 1100.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 10/03/2020 11:42, Brian Reay wrote:
I needed to pop into the local Aldi today- they have some cord/rope on
offer I need to repair my antenna which came down in the recent winds.

Senior Management instructed me to see if they had any of the particular
loo roll we use in the motorhome- sure enough they not only had a
reasonable stock but there didn't seem to be limit on how many you could
buy. I picked up a pack of nine- the normal supply for a longer trip. A
lady in the queue at the check out noticed the pack in my trolley and
asked me where they were- she'd been in a couple of other shops which
were cleaned out.

We also needed a couple of normal cleaning items, again they were
available but people were commenting that other places were out of stock.

So, it seems at least some places are still suffering from panic buying.

I went to my local lidl at 6pm yesterday and noted completely empty
shelves for toilet paper AND kitchen rolls.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 10/03/2020 11:57, michael adams wrote:

I was in an Asda this morning and there was a chap with a trolley load. and I
literally mean a whole trolley load, of sliced white bread. You sometimes get
cafes bulk buying in Asda but it would be a pretty big cafe to use all that bread.
Its tastes like cardboard as it is, and not even the best kind of cardboard
And is so soft that it just flops over if not supported just so muppets
will assume its fresh. So god knows what it would be like thawed out
after a few months in a freezer.

Its not unusual to see small food orientated businesses buying in bulk
from supermarkets each morning.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 10/03/2020 11:57, michael adams wrote:

this is so sad

I was in an Asda this morning and there was a chap with a trolley load. and I
literally mean a whole trolley load, of sliced white bread. You sometimes get
cafes bulk buying in Asda but it would be a pretty big cafe to use all that bread.
Its tastes like cardboard as it is, and not even the best kind of cardboard
And is so soft that it just flops over if not supported just so muppets
will assume its fresh. So god knows what it would be like thawed out
after a few months in a freezer.

I don't like bread after its been frozen. It is ok for toast but not
really for eating. I do make my own bread but, as it doesn't have the
additives etc., it needs to be eaten fresh. Like French bread, it
doesn't keep (I'm not claiming mine is up to French bread quality).

We've got one of the 'new' M&S food halls, in fact the first one. Their
bread is excellent.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Playing havock with Just in Time deliveries. Production plants are usually
designed to operate at near maximum output (otherwise they have been over-
sized) - panic buying upsets the carefully planned chain.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article , alan_m
wrote:
[...]

I was in mine about 2.30 and they still had reasonable amount left. No
hand sanitiser, though.

--
from KT24 in Surrey, England

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Fark, you must be very ****ty people.

A lady in the queue at the check out noticed the pack in my trolley and
asked me where they were- she'd been in a couple of other shops which were
cleaned out.

We also needed a couple of normal cleaning items, again they were
available but people were commenting that other places were out of stock.

So, it seems at least some places are still suffering from panic buying.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"michael adams" wrote in message

"Brian Reay" wrote in message
[...]

:Pretty dried up and solid basically because the water
gets removed.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Dave Liquorice" wrote in message
idual.net...
On Tue, 10 Mar 2020 11:57:04 -0000, michael adams wrote:

I was in an Asda this morning and there was a chap with a trolley load.
and I literally mean a whole trolley load, of sliced white bread.

snip
So god knows what it would be like thawed out after a few months in a
freezer.

You reckon he has enough empty freezer space for that much bread?

Plenty of places have walk in freezers that would handle it fine.

Not sure what a substantial event like a decent footy game
would use bread wise when selling snags in a bit of folded
bread but I wouldn't be surprised if it would be a trolley load.

Much more likely to end up in the bin in a weeks time when it's gone
stale/mouldy.

--
Cheers
Dave.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"alan_m" wrote in message
[...]

I went to my supermarkets on saturday and while one
of the two majors and aldi had no dunny paper at all,
the aldi still had kitchen rolls and the other two supermarkets
still had dunny rolls.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default UNBELIEVABLE: It's 02:36 am in Australia and the Senile Cretin has been out of Bed and TROLLING for OVER AN HOUR already!!!! LOL

On Wed, 11 Mar 2020 02:45:15 +1100, John_j, better known as cantankerous

FLUSH senile asshole's troll****

02:45??? LOL Any idea for HOW long you will be up and trolling tonight and
the following day again, you clinically insane senile cretin?

"That¢s because so much **** and ****e emanates from your gob that there is
and the end of prick is only clear because you are such a ******."

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 11 Mar 2020 02:33:39 +1100, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

FLUSH senile asshole's troll****

02:33??? So HOW many lonely hours still ahead of you, you lonely senile
trolling cretin? LOL

"Ah, the voice of scum speaks."
MID:
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 11 Mar 2020 02:30:18 +1100, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

Fark, you must be very ****ty people.

No people can be as ****ty as you are, you perverted senile troll!

02:30!!! LMAO

--
Kerr-Mudd,John addressing senile Rot:
MID:
Posted to uk.d-i-y

John Not.responding.@dotcom wrote

Playing havock with Just in Time deliveries. Production
plants are usually designed to operate at near maximum
output (otherwise they have been over-sized)

They don’t necessarily work 24/7 tho due to the higher cost of that
approach.

- panic buying upsets the carefully planned chain.

But some can run two shifts instead of the current single shift.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default UNBELIEVABLE: It's 02:36 am in Australia and the Miserable Senile Troll has been out of Bed and TROLLING for ONE AND A HALF HOUR already!!!! LOL

On Wed, 11 Mar 2020 02:54:50 +1100, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

FLUSH senile asshole's troll****

02:54??? LOL You KNOW that you are mentally sick, right, senile Rodent? But
you DON'T know how you could hide it! LMAO

"Ah, the voice of scum speaks."
MID:
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default UNBELIEVABLE: It's 03:10 am in Australia and the Senile Ozzie Pest has been out of Bed and TROLLING for almost TWO HOURS already!!!! LOL

On Wed, 11 Mar 2020 03:10:37 +1100, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

FLUSH senile asshole's troll****

03:10, already? But still another 10 or 15 lonely hours of insipid trolling
ahead of you, eh, you lonely abnormal cretin?

--
Website (from 2007) dedicated to the 86-year-old trolling senile
cretin from Oz:

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tuesday, 10 March 2020 15:30:28 UTC, Rod Speed wrote:
"Brian Reay" wrote in message
I needed to pop into the local Aldi today- they have some cord/rope on
offer I need to repair my antenna which came down in the recent winds.

Senior Management instructed me to see if they had any of the particular
loo roll we use in the motorhome- sure enough they not only had a
reasonable stock but there didn't seem to be limit on how many you could
buy. I picked up a pack of nine- the normal supply for a longer trip.

Fark, you must be very ****ty people.

The **** expert speaks out.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 10/03/2020 11:42, Brian Reay wrote:
I needed to pop into the local Aldi today- they have some cord/rope on
offer I need to repair my antenna which came down in the recent winds.

Senior Management instructed me to see if they had any of the particular
loo roll we use in the motorhome- sure enough they not only had a
reasonable stock but there didn't seem to be limit on how many you could
buy. I picked up a pack of nine- the normal supply for a longer trip. A
lady in the queue at the check out noticed the pack in my trolley and
asked me where they were- she'd been in a couple of other shops which
were cleaned out.

We also needed a couple of normal cleaning items, again they were
available but people were commenting that other places were out of stock.

So, it seems at least some places are still suffering from panic buying.

my friend and his wife had an encounter today in Tesco ....he seems to
have stolen my posting style in his emails......

in tesco buying one medium size pack of toilet rolls.....

schemie fishwife behind us....."look these folk panic buying toilet rolls"

catherine turns round to her.......... "shut the fcuk up pleb"

catherine to me......... "hate schemies, feel better now"

should've seen the face.........ah haahaa
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 10/03/2020 15:03, John wrote:
Playing havock with Just in Time deliveries. Production plants are usually
designed to operate at near maximum output (otherwise they have been over-
sized) - panic buying upsets the carefully planned chain.

what a shame ...
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"John_j" wrote in message ...

"Dave Liquorice" wrote in message
idual.net...
On Tue, 10 Mar 2020 11:57:04 -0000, michael adams wrote:

I was in an Asda this morning and there was a chap with a trolley load.
and I literally mean a whole trolley load, of sliced white bread.

snip
So god knows what it would be like thawed out after a few months in a
freezer.

You reckon he has enough empty freezer space for that much bread?

Plenty of places have walk in freezers that would handle it fine.

This wasn't a cafe owner Rod, as he wouldn't have bought so many.
Commercial premises of the kind that have walk in freezers
don't fill them up with trolley loads of bread as it would
involve to much faffing around to render it palatable again
assuming this is ever possible in the first place.

michael adams

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 10/03/2020 13:30, Brian Reay wrote:

I don't like bread after its been frozen.

In my local Sainsbury corner shop there is a large notice stating how
many slices of bread are wasted each day in the uk. The poster goes on
to advise freeze the bread and use it for toast.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 10/03/2020 15:06, charles wrote:

I was in mine about 2.30 and they still had reasonable amount left. No
hand sanitiser, though.

Probably because toilet rolls are mass produced item whereas hand
sanitiser for most people is a none per year purchase.

I always carry a toilet roll and a small bottle of sanitiser in the car
- having been caught out once stopping at a roadside toilet, and in
urgent need, to find no paper or a working tap. Luckily I had an old
paper road map in the car! The joys of being stuck in a traffic jam for
hours

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 10/03/2020 19:43, alan_m wrote:
On 10/03/2020 15:06, charles wrote:

I was in mine about 2.30 and they still had reasonable amount left.Â* No
hand sanitiser, though.

Probably because toilet rolls are mass produced item whereas hand
sanitiser for most people is a none per year purchase.

Which is why I think the government should have made sure that there was
an adequate supply when is was apparent that the virus would spread
outside China. Matt Handcock claimed that he had met with supermarkets
and that is one of the things that he should have told them.

--
Michael Chare
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Michael Chare" wrote in message
On 10/03/2020 19:43, alan_m wrote:
On 10/03/2020 15:06, charles wrote:

I was in mine about 2.30 and they still had reasonable amount left. No
hand sanitiser, though.

Probably because toilet rolls are mass produced item whereas hand
sanitiser for most people is a none per year purchase.

Which is why I think the government should have made sure that there was
an adequate supply when is was apparent that the virus would spread
outside China.

And how do you propose they ensured that ?

Matt Handcock claimed that he had met with supermarkets and that is one of
the things that he should have told them.

Told them what ?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tuesday, 10 March 2020 23:45:44 UTC, Michael Chare wrote:
On 10/03/2020 19:43, alan_m wrote:
On 10/03/2020 15:06, charles wrote:

I was in mine about 2.30 and they still had reasonable amount left.Â* No
hand sanitiser, though.

Probably because toilet rolls are mass produced item whereas hand
sanitiser for most people is a none per year purchase.

Which is why I think the government should have made sure that there was
an adequate supply when is was apparent that the virus would spread
outside China.

There is. Look on ebay.

There are also many 2nd & 3rd line hand sanitizers available such as bleach, meths, etc.

Matt Handcock claimed that he had met with supermarkets
and that is one of the things that he should have told them.

Supermarkets do not need to be told the basics of their business. If I were a supermarket buyer and couldn't get enough ABC brand sanitizer I'd be buying XYZ brand from China as well. (Not from Wuhan

NT

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 10/03/2020 19:33, alan_m wrote:
On 10/03/2020 13:30, Brian Reay wrote:

I don't like bread after its been frozen.

In my local Sainsbury corner shop there is a large notice stating how
many slices of bread are wasted each day in the uk. The poster goes on
to advise freeze the bread and use it for toast.

I used top buy Waitrose brown loaves not from the counter but frozen
part baked in the state they put them into the store ovens for that
'fresh bread' experience.

My oven was just as good as theirs.

The trick with frozen baked bread is to wash it in water and then bake
it in a 200°C oven.

Of course that's not easy if its sliced blotting paper bread

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 10/03/2020 23:45, Michael Chare wrote:
On 10/03/2020 19:43, alan_m wrote:
On 10/03/2020 15:06, charles wrote:

I was in mine about 2.30 and they still had reasonable amount left.Â* No
hand sanitiser, though.

Probably because toilet rolls are mass produced item whereas hand
sanitiser for most people is a none per year purchase.

Which is why I think the government should have made sure that there was
an adequate supply when is was apparent that the virus would spread
outside China.Â* Matt Handcock claimed that he had met with supermarkets
and that is one of the things that he should have told them.

There is plenty of hand, non alcoholic, sanitiser still on sale and of
the type used in hospitals that binds to the skin to be effective for up
to 6 hours. It is effective against Coronavirus. You just need to know
the brand name and where the alternative (perhaps non-obvious) places
where it is regularly sold.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"alan_m" wrote in message

There is plenty of hand, non alcoholic, sanitiser still on sale and of the type used in
hospitals that binds to the skin to be effective for up to 6 hours. It is effective
against Coronavirus. You just need to know the brand name and where the alternative
(perhaps non-obvious) places where it is regularly sold.

But you're not going to tell anyone on the group what it is, because

a) you can't see why you should do any favours for complete strangers who
you secretly despise

b) you're not going to tell anyone, including even your own friends and family perhaps
until you've hired a van and cleared out all the shops of stock in your region
and can start selling it on eBay,

c) Its a wind up, and you made it all up

michael adams

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default UNBELIEVABLE: It's 11:37 am in Australia and the Senile Ozzietard has been out of Bed and TROLLING for ALL NIGHT LONG, for OVER TEN HOURS, already!!!! LOL

On Wed, 11 Mar 2020 11:37:50 +1100, John_j, better known as cantankerous

FLUSH senile asshole's troll****

So, WHY do you have NOBODY in RL to talk to, you senile, auto-contradicting,
cantankerous obnoxious pest? The mind boggles! VBEG

--
Kerr-Mudd,John addressing senile Rot:
MID:
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 10/03/2020 13:30, Brian Reay wrote:

We've got one of the 'new' M&S food halls, in fact the first one.

Is that what Alexa told you?

--
Spike

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wednesday, 11 March 2020 08:51:37 UTC, michael adams wrote:
"alan_m" wrote in message

There is plenty of hand, non alcoholic, sanitiser still on sale and of the type used in
hospitals that binds to the skin to be effective for up to 6 hours. It is effective
against Coronavirus. You just need to know the brand name and where the alternative
(perhaps non-obvious) places where it is regularly sold.

But you're not going to tell anyone on the group what it is, because

a) you can't see why you should do any favours for complete strangers who
you secretly despise

b) you're not going to tell anyone, including even your own friends and family perhaps
until you've hired a van and cleared out all the shops of stock in your region
and can start selling it on eBay,

c) Its a wind up, and you made it all up

michael adams

You could just look it up. I expect he means things like povidone iodine, hibiscrub etc.

NT