Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Temporary shower

Fairly often we get power cuts and my shower is pumped, using hot water
from the hot water cylinder. I would like to use one of these adapter
showers that go over the bath taps. I've had reasonable results with
the push-on ones on a bath with both Hot and Cold taps but a recent
upgrade to the bathroom means I now have a single, awkwardly-shaped bath
tap.

Any recommendations? I've toyed with the idea of using a garden hose tap
adapter (the kind with a screw-on cir-clip) and being creative at the
other end - any experiences?

Another Dave
--
Change nospam to techie
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 07/03/2020 17:26, Another Dave wrote:
Fairly often we get power cuts and my shower is pumped, using hot water
from the hot water cylinder. I would like to use one of these adapter
showers that go over theĀ* bath taps. I've had reasonable results with
the push-on ones on a bath with both Hot and Cold taps but a recent
upgrade to the bathroom means I now have a single, awkwardly-shaped bath
tap.

Any recommendations? I've toyed with the idea of using a garden hose tap
adapter (the kind with a screw-on cir-clip) and being creative at the
other end - any experiences?

Move the shower downstairs?

We had an unpumped shower upstairs in our old house. It wasn't
impressive, it needed regular descaling, but it did work. The head is
~6ft - top of cold tank to shower head.

Can you not make do on the odd occasions?

Andy

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Saturday, 7 March 2020 17:26:26 UTC, Another Dave wrote:
Fairly often we get power cuts and my shower is pumped, using hot water
from the hot water cylinder. I would like to use one of these adapter
showers that go over the bath taps. I've had reasonable results with
the push-on ones on a bath with both Hot and Cold taps but a recent
upgrade to the bathroom means I now have a single, awkwardly-shaped bath
tap.

Any recommendations? I've toyed with the idea of using a garden hose tap
adapter (the kind with a screw-on cir-clip) and being creative at the
other end - any experiences?

You can get tap adapters to fit the funny taps too.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Another Dave wrote:
Fairly often we get power cuts and my shower is pumped, using hot water
from the hot water cylinder. I would like to use one of these adapter
showers that go over the bath taps. I've had reasonable results with
the push-on ones on a bath with both Hot and Cold taps but a recent
upgrade to the bathroom means I now have a single, awkwardly-shaped bath
tap.

Any recommendations? I've toyed with the idea of using a garden hose tap
adapter (the kind with a screw-on cir-clip) and being creative at the
other end - any experiences?

Another Dave
--
Change nospam to techie

You can buy, an adapter which has a clip which goes over the spout and has
an adjustable clamp to hold everything in place. There is a rubber seal
around where the water comes out of the spout.

The fitting is threaded ( BSP) for a normal hoselock adaptor. I THINK you
could fit a shower hose- one of those silver bendy ones.

As usual, EBay is the place to look.

I carry on in the motorhome- you cant always be sure which tap style you
will meet on campsites.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Brian Reay wrote:
[snip]

I carry on in the motorhome- you cant always be sure which tap style you
will meet on campsites.

That missing 'e' makes all the difference! :-)

--
Chris Green
Ā·
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 7 Mar 2020 17:26:22 +0000, Another Dave wrote:

... a recent upgrade to the bathroom means I now have a single,
awkwardly-shaped bath tap.

Any recommendations?

Have bath instead? Or a flannel wash?

And complain to your DNO about frequent power cuts, ie get staight on
to them every time the power goes out and get a reference number,
keep a log. One assumes these must be fairly long power cuts (tens
of minutes or longer) if they disrupt routine enough to warrant
alternative measures being taken.

--
Cheers
Dave.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Chris Green wrote:
Brian Reay wrote:
[snip]

I carry on in the motorhome- you cant always be sure which tap style you
will meet on campsites.

That missing 'e' makes all the difference! :-)

ROTFL

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 07/03/20 17:26, Another Dave wrote:
Fairly often we get power cuts and my shower is pumped, using hot water
from the hot water cylinder. I would like to use one of these adapter
showers that go over theĀ* bath taps. I've had reasonable results with
the push-on ones on a bath with both Hot and Cold taps but a recent
upgrade to the bathroom means I now have a single, awkwardly-shaped bath
tap.

OK. I've stuck a bung in the one of the arms of the old two-pronged
adapter. It'll do.

Thanks all.
Another Dave

--
Change nospam to techie

--
Change nospam to techie

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Brian Gaff (Sofa 2) expressed precisely :
Wht about a 12v pump instead of the mains one, and have a back up battery?

Caravan or boats parts dealer..