Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Solvent Based wood preserver

I am going to be installing quite a lot of 1/2 round flog roll garden
edging.
It comes pressure treated .... but want to give it some more help.

Thinking of dipping each roll for an hour in a solvent based wood
preserver .... as that stuff soaks in well.

Years ago I used to use Cuprinol preserver. That had consistency of
paraffin ...and was green in colour.

Dont know if that is still available .... but be good to know
recommendations of suitable product.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 07 Mar 2020 16:15:22 +0000, rick wrote:

I am going to be installing quite a lot of 1/2 round flog roll garden
edging.
It comes pressure treated .... but want to give it some more help.

Thinking of dipping each roll for an hour in a solvent based wood
preserver .... as that stuff soaks in well.

Years ago I used to use Cuprinol preserver. That had consistency of
paraffin ...and was green in colour.

Dont know if that is still available .... but be good to know
recommendations of suitable product.

Cuprinol 5* should still be available and do the job.

Nasty stuff, though, so take care.

Cheers

Dave R

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 07/03/2020 16:15, rick wrote:
I am going to be installing quite a lot of 1/2 round flog roll garden
edging.
It comes pressure treated .... but want to give it some more help.

Thinking of dipping each roll for an hour in a solvent based wood
preserver .... as that stuff soaks in well.

Years ago I used to use Cuprinol preserver. That had consistency of
paraffin ...and was green in colour.

Dont know if that is still available .... but be good to know
recommendations of suitable product.

Didn't we answer this a few days ago already?

Anyway, you can still get solvent Cuprinol.

I tried this recently and liked it:

https://www.toolstation.com/wood-pro...tr=wood%20pres

Penetrates well but also adds some water repelling properties.

--
Cheers,

John.