Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default TV optical headphones

On Wednesday, 19 February 2020 17:08:26 UTC, Brian Reay wrote:
Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
Tim Lamb wrote:
I think I need to rephrase the question to *would anyone care to
recommend bluetooth connected comfortable earphones for a geriatric?)

Problem I can see is they are still going to need their battery charging.
Which means returning them to a charging point of some sort. So no real
advantage over any type of cordless headphones. But may well have a degree
of latency other types won't have.

The Amazon Choice ones I mentioned have a claimed run time on batteries of
100 hrs.

As for the €˜lag, in the past I found you soon learned to ignore it.

The beauty of wireless is you can move around without getting straggled -
even pop to the loo or to make tea / coffee- without thinking about it.

Yes it's very handy, I do this with my iphone/ipad and the airpods,
and if I do go out of range and the signal stops my idevice also stops at that
point so when I return I can press play again.
Or if I've only just been 'cut-off' by retracing my steps I find that the 'track' has been paused for a short time and will continue where it left off, but this is only if it;s cut off for a few seconds.
But I've only noticed this with podcasts, because as I don't normally listen to music with airpods so there is a chance I have missed a word or two but didn't notice.

I don't think this works with headphones listening to the TV or radio.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

whisky-dave wrote:
On Wednesday, 19 February 2020 17:08:26 UTC, Brian Reay wrote:
Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
Tim Lamb wrote:
[...]

Current wireless headphones are on 863MHz (or whatever frequency around
there is allocated for such things) and the range is better that Bluetooth.
It does depend on the path but Ive even tried it down the garden- just to
see if it works. However, the tx end is a bit large.

I bought a BT tx off eBay a week or so back to try something- linking the
audio from the TV in the motorhome ( the TV doesnt have BT built in) to
the audio system ( which has BT). It worked perfectly. The plan is to
alsouse the BT tx on the audio output of the satellite Rx so I can feed
radio audio to the MH system when in Europe- then we can hear R4 and
Classic FM.

I then thought Id try a set of BT headphones but Ive not ordered them
yet.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thursday, 20 February 2020 15:13:53 UTC, Brian Reay wrote:
whisky-dave wrote:
On Wednesday, 19 February 2020 17:08:26 UTC, Brian Reay wrote:
Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
Tim Lamb wrote:
[...]

My dad had a pair of 'wireless' headphones called TV ears the base unit connected to the TV via the headphone jack, this unit used IR to send the
signal the the headphones. Not really what we'd call wireless aka bluetooth or
the MHz range, but they worked well enough.

I guess yuo could call them optical too.
https://www.completecareshop.co.uk/s...YaAi1nEALw_wcB

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wednesday, 19 February 2020 21:41:31 UTC, Rod Speed wrote:

Perfectly fat I bet.

Insulation. get's cold here.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

David Paste wrote
Rod Speed wrote

Perfectly fat I bet.

Insulation. get's cold here.

Thats what balaclavas are for tho I spose
they do risk you getting gunned down by
the cops specially if the rest of you is fat
and lumpy so it looks like a suicide vest
and a fat head doesnt.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default UNBELIEVABLE: It's 09:59 am in Australia and the Senile Ozzietard has been out of Bed and TROLLING for OVER SIX HOURS already!!!! LOL

On Mon, 24 Feb 2020 09:59:38 +1100, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

FLUSH the 85-year-old trolling senile pest's latest troll****

09:50??? And STILL not bedtime for you, senile cretin? LOL

--
Bod addressing abnormal senile quarreller Rot:
"Do you practice arguing with yourself in an empty room?"
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sunday, 23 February 2020 22:59:51 UTC, Rod Speed wrote:

Thats what balaclavas are for

That's that Greek honey pastry, you hefty berk.