Old February 15th 20, 09:05 AM posted to uk.d-i-y

Default "Antique" fence boards

We have a fence in the garden of our listed building home, with standard posts, but boards like I've never seen before. They are 6 feet wide, with straight vertical edges, but variable in height from perhaps 6" to 9". Neither horizontal edge is straight, so they have a very rustic appearance, and they are also tapered like featheredge boarding. They are clearly very old..

Does that make sense to anyone? What are they called? Where could I get them? They are all pretty much past their sell-by date!

Old February 15th 20, 09:08 AM posted to uk.d-i-y

Keefiedee wrote:

does that make sense to anyone?

I suspect a photo would help ...
Old February 15th 20, 09:21 AM posted to uk.d-i-y

Keefiedee Wrote in message:
We have a fence in the garden of our listed building home, with standard posts, but boards like I've never seen before. They are 6 feet wide, with straight vertical edges, but variable in height from perhaps 6" to 9". Neither horizontal edge is straight, so they have a very rustic appearance, and they are also tapered like featheredge boarding. They are clearly very old.

Does that make sense to anyone? What are they called? Where could I get them? They are all pretty much past their sell-by date!

Waney edge ?
--
Jimk

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/
Old February 15th 20, 11:11 AM posted to uk.d-i-y

Right. That sounds/looks right. Presumably the bark falls off with the passage of time. Rather pricey! But many thanks.
Old February 15th 20, 12:03 PM posted to uk.d-i-y

On 15/02/2020 08:05, Keefiedee wrote:
We have a fence in the garden of our listed building home, with
standard posts, but boards like I've never seen before. They are 6
feet wide, with straight vertical edges, but variable in height from
perhaps 6" to 9". Neither horizontal edge is straight, so they have
a very rustic appearance, and they are also tapered like featheredge
boarding. They are clearly very old.

Does that make sense to anyone? What are they called? Where could I
get them? They are all pretty much past their sell-by date!

larchlap??

--
"Strange as it seems, no amount of learning can cure stupidity, and
higher education positively fortifies it."

- Stephen Vizinczey

Old February 15th 20, 01:41 PM posted to uk.d-i-y

Keefiedee Wrote in message:

Right. That sounds/looks right. Presumably the bark falls off with the passage of time. Rather pricey! But many thanks.

The (diminishing) joys of listed buildings ...
--
Jimk

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/
Old February 15th 20, 05:23 PM posted to uk.d-i-y

"Keefiedee" wrote in message
We have a fence in the garden of our listed building home, with standard
posts, but boards like I've never seen before. They are 6 feet wide, with
straight vertical edges, but variable in height from perhaps 6" to 9".
Neither horizontal edge is straight, so they have a very rustic
appearance, and they are also tapered like featheredge boarding. They are
clearly very old.

Does that make sense to anyone?

Yep,. sounds like tree trunks have been ripped into
boards and the variable height of the boards is due
to the original tree trunks varying like that.

What are they called? Where could I get them?

No reason why they couldn’t be ripped from
new tree trunks of the appropriate size.

They are all pretty much past their sell-by date!

Old February 15th 20, 05:57 PM posted to uk.d-i-y

Default UNBELIEVABLE: It's 03:23 am in Australia and the Senile Ozzietard has been out of Bed and TROLLING for OVER HALF AN HOUR already!!!! LOL

On Sun, 16 Feb 2020 03:23:33 +1100, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

FLUSH senile asshole's troll****

03:23??? And you are up and trolling ALREADY? Life IS miserable if one has
NOBODY to talk to, eh, lonely senile Rodent? LOL

"That˘s because so much **** and ****e emanates from your gob that there is
and the end of prick is only clear because you are such a ******."
Old February 15th 20, 06:52 PM posted to uk.d-i-y

On Saturday, 15 February 2020 16:58:16 UTC, Peeler wrote:
On Sun, 16 Feb 2020 03:23:33 +1100, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

FLUSH senile asshole's troll****

no, he's correct this time.
Old February 15th 20, 07:42 PM posted to uk.d-i-y

Who gives a ****! ;-)