Old February 14th 20, 11:41 AM posted to uk.d-i-y

Default raised letters

got my new debit card today and it no longer has raised letters and
numbers...so I guess those old school credit card machines are no longer
? .....much easier to read

Old February 14th 20, 12:23 PM posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 14 Feb 2020 10:41:04 +0000, "Jim GM4DHJ ..."
wrote:

got my new debit card today and it no longer has raised letters and
numbers...so I guess those old school credit card machines are no longer
? .....much easier to read

FFS Jimmy. ****ter is that way

Or at least have the decency to mark your *completely* OT threads as
such.

Cheers, T i m
Old February 14th 20, 02:16 PM posted to uk.d-i-y

In article , T i m
writes
wrote:

got my new debit card today and it no longer has raised letters and
numbers...so I guess those old school credit card machines are no longer
? .....much easier to read

FFS Jimmy. ****ter is that way

Or at least have the decency to mark your *completely* OT threads as
such.

Cheers, T i m

At least he will have the decency to post his comment only once rather
than repeating the same monotonously for 4years+.
--
bert
Old February 14th 20, 02:44 PM posted to uk.d-i-y

On 14/02/2020 10:41, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
got my new debit card today and it no longer has raised letters and
numbers...so I guess those old school credit card machines are no longer
? .....much easier to read

They'll have to write the numbers down with a Biro on the form when the
Sun flares up and wipes out all the electronics.

--
Max Demian
Old February 14th 20, 03:02 PM posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 14 Feb 2020 13:16:26 +0000, bert wrote:

In article , T i m
writes
wrote:

got my new debit card today and it no longer has raised letters and
numbers...so I guess those old school credit card machines are no longer
? .....much easier to read

FFS Jimmy. ****ter is that way

Or at least have the decency to mark your *completely* OT threads as
such.

At least he will have the decency to post his comment only once rather
than repeating the same monotonously for 4years+.

Oh you poor, sad left brainer.

See, what has obviously whooshed you is the *massive* difference
between Jimmy mistaking this d-i-y ng as his personal twitter feed and
*starting* numerous trivia threads without following the ng etiquette
of marking them OT and something that is supposed to be democratic but
wasn't and is likely to affect *all of us* to the detriment.

Cheers, T i m

Old February 14th 20, 03:20 PM posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

got my new debit card today and it no longer has raised letters and
numbers...so I guess those old school credit card machines are no longer
? .....much easier to read

FFS Jimmy. ****ter is that way

Or at least have the decency to mark your *completely* OT threads as
such.

At least he will have the decency to post his comment only once rather
than repeating the same monotonously for 4years+.

Oh you poor, sad left brainer.

See, what has obviously whooshed you is the *massive* difference
between Jimmy mistaking this d-i-y ng as his personal twitter feed and
*starting* numerous trivia threads without following the ng etiquette
of marking them OT and something that is supposed to be democratic but
wasn't and is likely to affect *all of us* to the detriment.

Cheers, T i m

I don't do ****ter and when the political posts stop here I might take
some notice of what you say....no offence I quite like your posts....
Old February 14th 20, 05:04 PM posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

got my new debit card today and it no longer has raised letters and
numbers...so I guess those old school credit card machines are no longer
? .....much easier to read

FFS Jimmy. ****ter is that way

Or at least have the decency to mark your *completely* OT threads as
such.

At least he will have the decency to post his comment only once rather
than repeating the same monotonously for 4years+.

Oh you poor, sad left brainer.

See, what has obviously whooshed you is the *massive* difference
between Jimmy mistaking this d-i-y ng as his personal twitter feed and
*starting* numerous trivia threads without following the ng etiquette
of marking them OT and something that is supposed to be democratic but
wasn't and is likely to affect *all of us* to the detriment.

I don't do ****ter

You do, here!

and when the political posts stop here I might take
some notice of what you say....

Most OT threads are at least marked as such.

no offence I quite like your posts....

If *you* like them I am offended! ;-)

Cheers, T i m

Old February 14th 20, 05:11 PM posted to uk.d-i-y

I have to actually get read to me each time by a trusted person, this can be
done at a main branch if you have nobody trustworthy. Mine is chip and
signature and its surprising even though these are legal for us to use, how
many shops decline doing business due to this. However despite them being
reported to the right authorities the law has no teeth it seems.

Raised or flat letters cannot be read by me, since its not Braille is it?
As I said in my original response, mine has them raised, but the security
code never was, hence the need for a trusted person.
Still its only every so many years I guess. I'd not trust my phone to read
the correct numbers since the way they are written is designed to not be
very readable by a machine other than theirs one assumes.
Too many norty people with cameras on cash machines!

Brian

I'll read your numbers for you...tee hee
Old February 14th 20, 05:22 PM posted to uk.d-i-y

On 14/02/2020 10:41, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
got my new debit card today and it no longer has raised letters and
numbers...so I guess those old school credit card machines are no longer
? .....much easier to read

However, if you want to use a debit card instead of a credit card to
hire a car, some companies won't accept the ones without raised letters
(it is specifically noted).

SteveW